1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

SX Mini ML

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by ckapp, Dec 4, 2015.

1. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Thread Starter Smile!

But I live in Malaysia, so the VAT is lower, shipping is next to nothing, so it's not an issue for me. I just thought to post the availability for everyone else who might be anxious to get one. :unbelievable:
    **Updated**
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to KL I go... One full black SX Mini ML is a'waiting for me at Legadgets. Called a very well-informed Jeremy at the shop. The ML's firmware is up to date as shipped, no Win-worries to be concerned with.

Now about those black SC/RDTA's... SC has changed their listing on their site and simplified it to just a two-post option and a measly $2.00 upcharge for black.

Hmm... Back in the day, I had black Kangers and the paint would chip off. I wonder how SC did the coloring on their tank assemblies. More research, or, just a quick email to Maggie in SC's customer service. She's the bomb. Could be pretty sexy on the ML. Especially with a red pyrex like a guy just posted on SC's FB page mounted to a black Reuleaux (I think).

Gotta order up some stainless wire as well. Vape Mail? Hello?

The Rev likes this.
  2. ckapp
    Amused

I don't know... I asked them about shipping to Thailand, V and they said that they rarely have any problems and if they do, it's with juices. But they assured me that these issues are few and far between. Plus (don't know if anyone cares) they are an authorized YiHi dealer and have no legitimacy issues as the referral came directly from YiHi.

Meanwhile, the sexy black bitch is un-f****g real. All that configurability and controllability packed into a mod just a touch larger than an IPV D2? Seriously fine piece of craftsmanship. And rock solid in the hand. Got some heft to it, but less than the M and the UI is vastly improved. OMG. Nice work, YiHi. Even the stupid battery cap is, well... less stupid. The official word from YiHi is that the silicone sleeve for the ML is in the works. A bit surprising that they didn't have it ready for the launch of the mod itself... Oh well, can't have everything at once.

What a machine... Like a BMW M3. It Rocks!

The Rev likes this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Nice analogy but somehow, I doubt that the ML is remotely close to an M3...

Sent from my P3 Ti...

ckapp likes this.
  4. ckapp
    Amused

Figuratively speaking, of course... :)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. ckapp
    Amused

Finally found the sweet spot with the SX Mini ML/RDTA/Velocity. This mod definitely has its preferences and with my vaping profile, getting it to do what I want it to do has been an interesting adventure involving several hours of builds, trials and more trials. The magic set-up for me uses single strand Ti coils, not twists like what worked so well on the VT200. With dual vertical coils, 6 wraps of 28g Ti, the ML sings like the angels and the battery life is between 6-7 hours of vaping euphoria on a single Samsung 25R R5.

I'd love to go in and play with YiHi's latest version of their proprietary software, and have begged and pleaded with Amanda @ YiHi to make it OSX-compatible and will likely bother her one more time about it as I think I'm going to buy a second ML and sell my VT200 and IPV D2 as they seem redundant at this point. I've thought about buying a shitty used Win laptop just for this purpose only. They are certainly plentiful and cheap enough. Just the thought of booting Win makes me grind my teeth, however.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

You have Bootcamp on your Mac...just install Windows on the Bootcamp partition and hit the option button during start up. Works a charm. ;)

ckapp likes this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Toying with the idea of buying one myself, again. If I do, it will be my last purchase until at least next year :D

ckapp and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. ckapp
    Amused

Ok... Used to use it all the time. I rarely complain about anything, so a little gratuitous whining felt within reason :cry: Still... this IS almost 2016 and... (oh, shut up, Clint) Ok.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

^^^ Uh huh... ;)

Neilly, ckapp and v 4 vendetta like this.
  10. ckapp
    Amused

So this is an odd one: The ML isn't working out so well with Ti at the moment and oddly enough, my new IPV D2 isn't so happy about either. I know it's gotta be a setting somewhere, but finding detailed information about the settings is like next to impossible for the ML right now. Just for grins, I built a single vertical 12 wrap 2.5mm Ni200 28g contact coil on the RDTA/V and dead-centered it between the posts and with that coil, the ML vapes like mad at 18 joules/420°F.

I spoke with the people @ Legadgets where I bought in KL and they were also curious as to why it wasn't vaping nearly as well as it should with Ti. Chalk this one up to user error, certainly. Meanwhile, the VT200 doesn't care at all, and Ti works just as well on it as it always has. Oh, well. I go back to KL on Tuesday and will see the peeps at Legadgets regarding this little hiccup. No big. Might just have to stock up on some Ni200 again for those "just in case" moments.
    **Updated**
    Siam Diesel: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it."

Gonna have that one tattooed to my forehead.

11. gorealmighty

gorealmighty New Member

Has anyone really dug into the SXi-Q software? I'm trying to load a TCR for SS 316L and I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

ckapp likes this.
  12. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I think you're only the second person to confirm owning one, the other has a Mac :D

ckapp and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. ckapp
    Amused

Suggestion: You might try contacting Amanda @ YiHi's SX Mini customer service: Amanda@yihisxmini.com and see if she can point you in the right direction or technical support. I haven't installed Win on my Mac yet, so I'm of no use and despite frantic (not really) googling and YT'ing, I haven't found much in the way of information. Best of luck and let us know what you come up with.
    **Updated**
    And is also known to be an incessant whiner :angel and devil:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    Uh huh ;)

Sent from my P3 Ti...

15. gorealmighty

gorealmighty New Member

Vapin' Jake on Youtube has an AWESOME review of the device. He also goes into some of the finer details of the SXi-Q. It was posted about a week ago but for somereason I wasn't able to find it in the multitude of searches I performed. If you want to use TC for SS316L the TCR needs to be manually set to .00093. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done for sure! Thanks for the help! Also, if anyone know where/how to figure out the TCR for various metals, I'd love to know. Steam Engines Wire Wizard doesnt seem to give that info (or I just dont know what to look for).

ckapp likes this.