1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Sweet tasting phlem phlegm

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by MikeV, Dec 7, 2013.

1. MikeV

MikeV Thread Starter New Member

I've been vaping now for almost 2 months, with no major issues.
    When I woke this morning, i had my usual cough session, bringing up all that gunk from past years of smoking.
    Thing is, the phlegm I brought up left a very sweet taste in my mouth.
    Is this normal, has anyone else experienced this?

2. Hoppy

Hoppy Retired, fat and happy

Thanks for sharing that Mike, I just finished eating a meat pie.

3. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

I've noticed that my phlegm has decreased more and more since I started vaping.
    I don't know why, but I thought it would cease altogether, but it hasn't.
    I have noticed that it is a lot less black and thinner too.
    Maybe the sweetness has come from sweet juices that you've been vaping.
    I know it sounds stupid, but I can taste my teeth more than when I was a smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. MikeV

MikeV Thread Starter New Member

Hmm...what does teeth taste like :)

5. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

What I mean is, I can taste my mouth, which in itself is ambiguous as the first comment.

Umm I can taste my tongue and saliva in my mouth that I couldn't before.

I don't know if I can taste food better or with more distinction because the process from one to the other wouldn't have been a dramatical change. Just a slow transition.

Does that male any sense ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

:wacky:

7. Merangue
    Confused

Merangue Active Member

It is normal. PG and VG act as humectants to create the vapour. These can leave a very fine coating on some of the vapour you breathe in which can gather in your epiglottis. It is completely harmless and especially if you have a slight cold can cause a bit of coughing up etc. It is not actually in your lungs but in your throat. Once you have been vaping indoors long enough you will find a very slight coating on the inside of your windows as well and it is the same thing. The PG and VG is slightly sweet to taste hence your question.

You will find it is or will become white rather than that brown tar and crap you used to cough up which is always a welcome thing. Just means your lungs are clearing up.

Gargling with Corsodil will generally clear it from the back of your throat if it worries you.

Corsodil also is claimed my many vapers to get rid of Vapers tongue as well. I have yet to try it for that as I don't normally get vapers tongue.