1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Surin Air Review re Heaven Gifts Giveaway

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Bantorvaper, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Surin Air Review

Was lucky enough to win a “Surin Air” giveaway from Heaven Gifts which arrived last week (thanks Heaven Gifts).

The box it came in was sturdy and large enough to hold a much larger mod and tank plus padding—so lots of redundant space. The box contained the Surin battery unit, one tank cartridge, cable and manual. No spare tank/coil. A certificate was also included but sections on the back noting Product Name, Model #, Inspector, and Date of Manufacture were all blank—possibly because this was a “giveaway” (?).

upload_2017-3-15_14-59-23.png upload_2017-3-15_15-0-3.png

The Surin Air is a unique design; card-shaped and thin with a width of 8mm and height of 88 mm. More like a slim cassette. The body and tank are made of plastic, so the only metal is presumably the wiring, coil, and connectors—ideal for discretely travelling where x-ray machines are involved. Apparently the same folks who made this also make iPhones.

To get a better perspective the following pics show the Surin Air alongside an iStick Pico, an eVic VTC mini and an Icare Mini.

upload_2017-3-15_15-5-4.png upload_2017-3-15_15-6-0.png

The battery is 400 mAh and is recharged via a micro USB connector at the bottom where there is also a small sliding on-off switch. The manual states that there is an airflow control switch at the bottom as well, but which I could not find despite much fiddling and even examination with a magnifying glass. Maybe I am missing the obvious !!

upload_2017-3-15_15-8-1.png upload_2017-3-15_15-8-48.png

It delivers a straight 16W and providing the bottom on-off switch is set to on, is automatically fired when one inhales to vape. Stop inhaling through the unit and the battery goes dormant.

The disposable tank/coil section did fit snugly into the battery compartment. The tank has a 2 ml capacity and is filled from the bottom after removing a small rubber bung. The vape hole (a.k.a drip tip) is a hole in the tank on the top corner—in other words one needs to tilt the cartridge slightly so it fits ones mouth and draw the vapor from the corner with the air channel-hole.

upload_2017-3-15_15-13-59.png upload_2017-3-15_15-14-21.png

When vaping the draw was not too tight—maybe similar to the 3rd stop on a nautilus mini (this is the best way I can describe it). Obviously not a cloud maker. Used a thin PG70/VG 30 mix and the taste was just ok—not special.

upload_2017-3-15_15-17-3.png

The manual is very short and simple—insufficiently descriptive for my liking as would have preferred a more detailed schematic and definitely a better idea on how to adjust the airflow.This is not a device I would purchase myself—I think the iCare Mini is more practical when traveling/very discrete occasions, but the Surin Air may be attractive to gents who want something to discretely slip into their top jacket pocket or ladies into their handbags/purse. One plus of course is it is an ideal unit for evading x-ray scrutiny especially if the two pieces are separated.

Siam Diesel, oil, farangmick and 7 others like this.
  2. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feed back

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Thank you for the feedback.