1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Sucking the life out of a BVC Coil....

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by PattayaIELTSTeacher, Jan 24, 2015.

1. PattayaIELTSTeacher
    Breezy

PattayaIELTSTeacher Thread Starter Well-Known Member

As some of you on the members forum are already aware of, I operate on a limited budget, so I try to get the most bang for my buck.

That being said, regarding Nauti BVC coils, I'm over a month now on 4 of em, and they're still working nice.

My method? I rinse, and re-rinse them a number of times. Use them for about a week then throw em in the shot glass that I've got sitting next to my hot water heater I use for making coffee, and formula for my son. Needless to say, between being a heavy coffee drinker, and making formula I'm heating a lot of water daily. Soooooo.... what I'm doing is just re-rinsing the coils about 10 or so times, and blowing them out periodically through the process. No real fuss or muss, no boiling, vodka baths, etc...., just rinse and repeat.

I'm using them with the istick and DS set up at 8.5/4.1, and a month and half into em they continue to work like a champ! Would mention they were originally 1.8s, and do increase to 2.0, but still work well.

As the Thai girls in Patts would say, I'm a real cheap charlie!

Cheers :here's your beer:!!!

2. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Hey good for you, I would like to have saved the money I wasted on cigarettes, but I don't really want to spend too much more than I have to extra at least for vaping, so I understand being cheap, this isn't a necessity.

I don't use those coils, and I don't have much experience with getting the newer coils to stretch, but upping the wattage used to help a lot at the end of their life. But I heard SD was getting crazy long life out of them, so they sound like they should last as long as you take care of them. Unfortunately I'm cheap, but I'm also too lazy to take care of them well, you should definitely give a rebuildable a try at least for at home, I think an RDA would be the cheapest at home option for sure. I would say the RTA would be cheap, but I haven't even gotten on one yet (mostly due to not wanting to spend too much), but the RDA was super easy. Those coils are cheap, and they LAST I put one in really poorly and it seemed to hit better than my stock coils no matter how bad it looked. And I hit it all day long for a couple of weeks, without taking much care of it, and I only changed it because I wanted to play with it. But the coil itself+cotton is dirt cheap.

PattayaIELTSTeacher likes this.
  3. PattayaIELTSTeacher
    Breezy

PattayaIELTSTeacher Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I appreciate the good advice David, and it's something I'd give some thought to trying. Biggest issue with me at the point in life is my friggin eyesight. I do fine looking at things from a distance, but anything close I've got wear the magnifying glasses. I can just about imagine what something I built would do. I'd probably end up blowing my apartment building up, or some such shite! :voodoo:. You'd read about it on Thai Forums, and it would just give the powers that be one more excuse to further ban our salvation. No, probably better I stay far away from anything that involves building! :good idea:

4. David in Bangkok

Just a thought, what about having someone build one for you? I am really piss poor at it too, my hands shake a ton and I've already just screwed up other coils people pre-made for me, but it seems like someone may install it for around 100B or less and it would perform better than stock coils.

Just a thought as Big offered to do it for me, so you must be able to find someone to do it.

PattayaIELTSTeacher likes this.
  5. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

You guys have to get this one.
    Marquis Style RDA 1:1 By Inspire Ecig
    those 4 pins you can see is to built your coils on they are different sizes. If you want to go dual coil you built your coils on 2 of these pins and they fit snug into holes in the dripper base and thous keep the coils, so you dont have to hold the coils just thigthen the wires to the post and then remove the 2 pins and you have a great built dripper.

A video here how it works

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

The Marquis is a simple build compared to a Veritas or Origen. Still on the fence about it's vape quality though, need to use it more but I like the Rogue too much...

7. David in Bangkok

It looks like it's made for dual coil and would make those easy, but I guess I need more practice even making single coils to do that well, although with a pre-coiled coil it should be easier too...

I will have to try more, would that one work well with single coil as well or is it really made for dual-coil? I have been liking the single coils, I don't know if I really need the higher vapor production of the duals yet...

8. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

Hi David . you can also use this for single coils. You just turn the topcap so that a single hole is lined up with your coil. The topcap have 3 air holes the 2 outer ones is for dual coils .

9. David in Bangkok

Is it really much easier with the utility firmly in place? Otherwise you really could just use a rod with any atomizer I guess...

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I usually get a month or more out of my BVC coils...but it depends on the juice. The lighter juices seem to be kinder to the coils.

I had trouble seeing the damn coils (when I can be arsed to actually sit down and make one) so I bought one of these...works pretty well: Eye Glasses Style 1.5X / 2.5X / 3.5X Magnifier with LED Illumination

Mack, judas and PattsVaper like this.
  11. David in Bangkok

That's a good idea, I wonder if reading glasses would work well.

You don't fiddle with your BVC coils do you? How much care do you put into them (ie cleaning)?

Now I'm getting a little bit of time on the Kanger, they aren't that long lasting, but I haven't tried cleaning them to see if they would work better, I'm getting a burnt taste out of them but they're still producing a lot of vapor. I haven't really tested how long mine have been lasting because I've been on the RDA too much :vaping: I think it's about 3 weeks and I just changed it because I wanted to play with the coil less but I don't see why it wouldn't have lasted a few weeks more with just filter changes...

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I do next to nothing with them...I swab the chimney regularly and blow out the moisture through the airholes at the bottom each time I refill...then I run a tissue into the top of the coil (stopping at the screen) to blot up the excess liquid. That's it!
    :vaping: :vaping:

13. David in Bangkok

Why don't I ever get magical 30-day coils???? :computer_1::computer_2:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Here's a snapshot of my current coil usage...the top 6 get daily use...the bottom 4 (Mini-N's) don't get used very much so they're not representative.
    upload_2015-1-27_11-45-4.png

David in Bangkok likes this.
  15. David in Bangkok

In that case I understand more, my kanger coil now lasted a long time because 90% of the time I use an RDA.

I think ml vaped is a better unit to measure than time....

mash likes this.