1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

SubOhm tank with stock coils - Help me choose ?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by pierdon, Oct 31, 2015.

1. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

After about a month vaping on my subox, i'm totally into subohm device and direct lung inhale. That might be a phase but that's another problem...

So i currently have a subtank mini and a subtank nano. I tried the RBA section but after 2 unsuccessful attemps, i gave up (lack of tenacity maybe). I had some dry hits and hated it and airflow was too tight and didn't like it.

So for the time being, i'll stick with stock coils. Right now, the extra cost of stock coils balances with the PITA of re-building.

I thought about just taking another subtank as i am happy with the device. But, there is so many things on the market right now, it would be a shame not to try something new.

Here is my little (pre-)selection from FT. Please let me know what you think if you own one of those + Feel free to add some ideas if i missed some (i surely did).

1- Melo 2
    $19.47 Authentic Eleaf MELO 2 Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.3ohm EC coil head / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    + It seems like many coils (atlantis 2, triton, ijust 2) will fit this one.

2- UD Zephyrus
    $22.71 Authentic UD Zephyrus BDC Clearomizer - 5ml / 0.3ohm (20-50W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    + Coils available too, a bit expensive tho...

3- Smoktech TFV4
    $29.95 Authentic SmokTech TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer Kit - 5ml / 0.2ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    + Coils are there too, even more expensive...

4- Uwell Crown
    $24.21 Authentic Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

5- Isub G
    $16.91 Authentic Innokin iSub G Tank Clearomzier - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (20-35W) / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    + Don't see any coisl on FT yet...?

Your help and advice is appreciated.
    Cheers :)

Konvict likes this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

3 or 4.

But 1, 2 & 5 might be an option for you :D

3. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

4. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Lol:) I found building a spaced coil rather than a microcoil in the RBA section of the Kanger subtank much better. The wicking and placement of the coil is important as well. If wicked to tight you either suk juice up or get dry hits. If wicked to loose you will get folding and leaking.
    The Kanger sub tank in combination with the kbox is just very nice.

Apologies for any typos using tap talk on a mobil phone

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Everyone seems to be raving about the TFV4...

Konvict likes this.
  6. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Who? First thing i hear :)

Apologies for any typos using tap talk on a mobil phone

7. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Maybe give the The Morph Tank a go...not only does it come with an RBA section but you can use the adapters included to use the following pre-built coils...

Adaptor Compatibility:

ATL Adaptor: Atlantis 1.0 Coil, Atlantis 2.0 Coil, Triton Coil, Super Tank Coil, Melo Coil

DEL Adaptor: Delta II Coil (Kanthal, Ni and Ti Delta II Coils)

SUB Adaptor: Subtank OCC Coil (Kanthal, Ni, and Vertical OCC). (Does not fit the Subtank Rebuildable Section)

Morph Tank by EHPRO & Eciggity - Eciggity

It's a good tank and hasn't leaked a drop.

pierdon likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Really pleased with my Morph tank. Got to try out Atlantis coils and also Ni200 Delta II coils, both of which worked very well. The RBA is about average compared to others, IMHO. Overall though, considering its flexibility, a great value!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Where's @Tibo ??

There's a good review in this thread, too...
    Cool - SMOK TFV4 review | Thailand Vapers

pierdon likes this.