1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Stingray Clone 1:1 by Hcigar & Wonderful out of stock

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's PVs, Mods, Devices and Kits' started by Big by-pass, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Stingray Brass
    -Body brass
    -Thred 510
    -End button
    -Magnetic switch
    -Support battery 18650/18500/18350
    -Silver plate positive and negative
    -Adjust positive auto
    -Laser logo and serial on body and button
    -Laser logo on drip tip
    -Dia:22mm.

Price 1299THB.(with drip tip)
    EMS Shipping in Thailand 50THB.
    0890312060 Big

Stingray.jpg
    Stingray.1.jpg

Sting-W.jpg
    Sting-W1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Panga

Panga idiot

Re: Stingray Clone 1:1 by Hcigar & Wonderful

I know what you mean about the Nemi. The Stingray switch is a different design. The section the button travels over when it is pressed is fitted quite snugly inside. This means it can only travel freely when pressed in the center.

My pinky finger has already adjusted :) It is quite stiff though.

On the top pin: Once your iclear is screw onto the 510, give the top pin a push from inside the mod to make sure its making contact. Then screw up rest of mod & adjust switch end.

3. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

Thanks for the tips Bad & Panga. It's getting better and I also put in more throw by adjusting the white plastic ring on the switch. When I wacthed PBusardo's review of the Stingray he said it was almost a touch sensitive switch so I guess I expected it to be that way.

Yeah, I tried that but it's a floating pin anyway, right? Each time I change a tank I always unscrew/loosen the bottom switch, tighten the tank to the mod and then screw and tighten the switch. Probably as Bad wrote, I should try pulling out the center contact pin on the Iclear 30s. But like I say, it's not a problem with my other mods.

This thang sure is purty and tiny in the 350 mode.
    Stingray_350.JPG

Got a question for ya. How do you estimate when you need to change the battery so as not to go below the killzone of 3.3 volts as Ryan advised in a post I read?

4. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

You just have to judge by the quality of the vape, or get a voltmeter and screw it on whenever you want to check.

5. PattsVaper
    Lurking

Thanks Ryan. Makes me wonder how good a judgement a guy's gonna make when he's had one too many beers. :rolling laugh:
    But luckily I don't drink. :)

6. Panga

Panga idiot

Hey Patts, buying a new camera today so thinking I might do a video breakdown of the stingray later. If I do I'll show what I mean about the pin. Anything other details ppl want to see just post below.

7. PattsVaper
    Lurking

Thanks Panga, I'll be looking forward to your video and congratulations on your new camera purchase. :very good:

8. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I also got my Stingray clone from Big By-Pass together with 2 LG batteries 18650 2500 mAH 35A. I first ordered the Sony, but it was out of stock. The efest batteries I had already did not work on the Stingray do to the fact that the plastic on the bottom of the battery is to large. This batteries work and so do the green Parasonic, where the plastic ring on the bottom of the battery is smaller. I only tried the Panasonic for testing. I know i have to use IMR batteries for the mechanicals.

Secondly I used my iclear 30S on this mod. The first iclear 30S worked really well, but the second was a disappointment. The reason was simply that the first iclear 30S had a replacement coil from Micky in it at 1.5 Ohm. The one not working to well still had the original coil of 2.1 Ohm in it. I have later changed the coil in the second iclear 30 S as well to one of 1.5 Ohm, and now they are working really great. When you buy a iclear 30 S it always comes with the 2.1 Ohm coil, but for this mod the 1.5 replacement coil really did the trick. Everything is just fine. A happy vapor once again.:very good:

9. PattsVaper
    Lurking

Gosh Dieter, all I have are the Efest batteries; 18350/500/650 and they all work with my Stingray, button top and flat top.

Thanks for the tip on the Iclear 30s. I haven't changed my original coil yet and unfortunately the replacement I have is also 2.1 ohms . . . shucks!

10. Panga

Panga idiot

Mine works fine with all battteries: Sony vct4 flat-top 18650, AW button-top 18650, Efest purple flat-top 18350, Efest red button-top 18350, AW button-top 18350. Not tried it with a kick as don't have a suitable build.

On the iclear 30: If I understand correctly your Iclear doesn't fire at all. Changing your coil is not gonna fox this (as it works for you on other mods). Make sure all the connections are connecting; especially that 510 pin is pushed up inside mod to touch atty. Demo of this in vid.

11. PattsVaper
    Lurking

That is a terrific video you made Panga. You covered everything extremely well, very clear and concise and your English is pretty good for a pom. Just taking the piss mate and I can rib you because I'm more than half English myself. lol

Looks like you made a good choice with your new camera. The focus is very clear and what I really like is that you kept the mod and everything in frame. Not like so many Youtube vids I've seen, you know what I mean mate.

Great job, I really enjoyed it! :very good::thank you:

12. Panga

Panga idiot

Haha that was the third attempt. Others were a bit all-over-the-place. Trying to train myself to keep stuff in shot. Next job - keep it the right distance so it stays in focus.

No worries on the ribbing. In my head the map of the world is still 2/3 British and we own your asses anyway ;)

Thx for the kind words.

13. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

So in the review you used an 18650 ? I saw you had an extra tube then, so this will work with an 18650 and a kick? If so I might get one...

14. Panga

Panga idiot

My mistake V. I called it a kick tube but its an 18500 tube I think. Just tried an FT Kick in 18650 and it is quite a bit too short. It could do with one of those narrow beauty rings that the Nemi has. Shame the threading is different.

Who the hell uses 18500s anyway?

15. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Tis a shame, they really should make all the Threads of these clones the same so we can mix and match...
    I will never use an 18500, I like the vape time I get from the 18650 too much with the kick...and I always vape with a kick, give that constant 10 W vape all the way (if you vape at 10W that is, I do...lol..)

16. Panga

Panga idiot

18500 is only a few more mah than a 18350 and not really higher amp rating. Kinda pointless for vaping I think.

Here is pic to show that kick is too long for the 18500 tube. Shame because it is pretty with a Kayfun ;)

SAM_1549.JPG SAM_1550.JPG