1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!)

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by haybilly, Nov 1, 2015.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Subox Mini starter kit is still great. I wanted to try something different for the hell of it, and with a smaller tank for testing flavours. The old Kanger Emow Mega works very well for me right now. Issues with the Aspire Premium starter kit at present, but I love the look of it. But the new Kanger Subox Nano coming in at 10$ less than the Mini makes a recommendation a no-brainer for me. Nit noi dearer than the Aspire, or Emow, after adding the cost of a battery and spare coils, but worth it. Extra 12$ for a clone subtank, if you want to try RBA (or get the Subox Mini kit). Emow for a second kit. Fits 510 or Ego tanks, very cheap coils, Evod clone tanks, with good reviews 5-6$, for trying different juices.

Loki likes this.
  2. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

To keep this Thread up to date:
    Innokin came out with a second Endura Starter Kit: ENDURA T22

The T18 is a 18mm wide tube mod with a 2.5ml tank and 1000mAh battery capacity.
    The T22 is box shaped with a 4ml tank (22mm diameter) and a 2000mAh battery.
    Both devices regulate the power output to 14 Watts using the same 1.5Ω replaceable coils.

The T22 battery and liquid capacity should last most beginners for a whole day without recharging / refilling – the T18 maybe not.
    As a former smoker (30 cigs/day) I used to vape around 3ml with 18mg nicotine during the change-over phase.

T22.jpg

farangmick, Jared S, Neilly and 2 others like this.
  3. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I've used the T18 and it's pretty amazing- definitely a great way for a smoker to break into vaping- I'm now looking forward to checking out the T22,thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Phaitoon likes this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

In fact, I'm using it at the moment, I did originally buy it for a third party, but not sure I'm going to be able to part with it- the tank size is a little small at 2.5 ml, and it can drink juice, so it's a 2 tank full per day tank, but the new Prism coils, I only have the 1.5 Ohm, are excellent- a completely new design and much more flavour and vapour ( and even throat hit) than anything else I've tried ( except the Kanger vertical 1.2, or 1.5 Ohm in the Nebox) but for a device that looks and feels like the Evod/Ego type ECig- this thing is amazing.
    It definitely beats the Nautilus for flavour, vapour and throat.
    Just to add, finally there is an E CIG available for smokers to move to Vaping that doesn't give them a watered down version of what Vaping is all about- these Innokin Endura, with the Prism coils, really do work and after Vaping for 4 and 1/2 years, going through most of the variations of coils and RBA,RTA type systems, this thing is perfectly acceptable as an all day vape. I can say the same about the Nebox, with the new circular vertical coils, but maybe that is a little intimidating for a smoker to move to immediately.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Longtail1, farangmick and Neilly like this.
  5. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Innokin Endura is the move into the right direction, IMO. Safe and easy to use devices which still have full performance can be much more helpful for the vaping scene.

Such products will help to convince governemnets vaping is a valid recreational activity, and not about a car battery with a coil attached, and putting a cough sirup onto it.

Longtail1, farangmick and haybilly like this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

I agree that this is the possible way forward for Vaping, if there is a way forward.
    I seriously want to keep this one and get my customer another but that's not really fair, so I will sell this one and order another straight away. It's a great product.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    peter-k likes this.
  7. Flick

Flick Member

Hello, new poster here

8. Ben B
    Amused

Ben B Well-Known Member

I think you can't really go wrong with the Nautilus Mini for starters. If price is an issue then pick up a cheap Vision Spinner to power it or, for only a little more, grab an Aspire ESP30 or a Kanger IPOW2 15w. I'd says these kits would make for ideal starter sets and come in at about 1,600-2,000 Baht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farangmick likes this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

Yes, I have a Nautilus Mini--and this T18 Prism tank and coil system is far superior for flavour and vapour.

Ben B likes this.
  10. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

If only the atomizer heads could be rewicked a few times. I know they are cheap but here is the rear side of the moon.

11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Yes, agreed, rebuilding the Prism Coils looks tricky.

The prices vary but best is around $5 for 5 coils at FT. There is supposed to be a 1.2 Ohm but I've only found 1.5 Ohm so far.

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I agree...

Is it available yet in Thailand?

Konvict likes this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

Only through Cvapor, Fasttech and 3Fvape

I got the one I'm using through Cvapor, got another on order with FT and another from cvapor again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I totally agree. The airflow on my Emow Mega kit tank is too tight now. Mini Nautilus sorted and I love it. So I stick the Emow tank on the 1000 MaH Aspire VV battery for my early morning minty vape, and the Nautilus on the Kanger 1600 MaH battery for evenings. Subox Mini kit for during the day, but I now like the Mini Nautilus so much, that I have a full sized one on order for the Subox, together with a Kabuki clone. Great taste. Newer is not always better.
    Just seen a review of the Ipow 2 'cos I'm looking for a kit for a mate who wants to start with a tube mod. $23, looks a really good buy.

Neilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

+1
    And I bet it's not the last Naughty or Kabuki you order. :D

Konvict and farangmick like this.