1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!)

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by haybilly, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Amen (as the Rev would say)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Good point too, i recommend devices with interchangeable batteries to keep you going while a batterie is in use and one is on charge or charged stby. Most beginners chose one device to try and see if it works for them.

Apologies for any typos using tap talk on a mobil phone

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I'm going for one Evod 2 kit for one guy, in fact both of them wanted this kit ( not my recommendation, I add) and for the other guy it will be a Nautilus ( not sure whether the 'Big' version of the Mini) and then some sort of power pack-- since the second guy really wanted the Evod 2 type kit, I'll offer him the option that I source him one elsewhere, and will buy back the Nautilus and whatever Power pack I find for it (probably iStick of some sort, whatever one I want to buy back, ha ha!!)
    I'm fairly confident that they will get tired of the Evod (Ego-type) kit, but I'll just say "told you so....."

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Purchased a Knger Subox for a friend and he is loving it, I think this is a perfect beginner kit.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If they stay with it, they most certainly will...but the vaping learning curve can be steep and it's easier at the beginning with a device that has only a few (or no) options. We've all been there and what is second nature to us (now) can seem like Mt. Everest to a new vapor.

This was one of the reasons that I suggested my friend get the eVic VTC Mini kit (Subox kit was the other available choice)...I figured it would last longer than a mod with a built-in battery. The real issue was the coils included in the kit (and the lack of Kanthal spares...Big was out of stock). Didn't fancy starting a new vaper out on TC coils so I gave him a couple of old Anyvape Davide tanks/Aspire BVC coils and told him to set the other tank aside for the time being. It didn't help either that I wasn't familiar with the mod! Have to check with him this week and see how he's doing.
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict, Loki, farangmick and 2 others like this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

As a newbie, I'm happy with my Subox mini. Struggled at first having to use the 0.5 ohm coil, as the 1.2 dribbled, but I've now got some 1.5's from FT. It certainly does more than I need at present. Found it really hard first thing in the morning when I really need the nicotine hit. It always seemed to irritate my throat and start a coughing fit. The adjustable wattage is great though. I can start at the minimum 10w (at 5.30am!) and crank it up throughout the day. Now I don't cough any more than I did with a couple of L&M. And as others have mentioned, it will last me longer than a basic cheapo kit, with scope to experiment.

Loki and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Gin333

Gin333 New Member

Hi everyone, I hate to be asking a question that is probably answered here but there are so many suggestions and none of the names make sense to me. I am a two box a day smoker, been smoking for 15 years so very, very scared of quitting and would like to try vaping. I have bought two vapers before neither of which worked for me because there wasn't enough 'smoke'. I really need to feel like I'm smoking by exhaling a lot of smoke.

Please kindly suggest what I should start with and how I go about ordering it and buying it?

Thanks!

8. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

What vaping devices did you buy and not like? That may help us in making some suggestions.

9. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Avoid cigalike or eGo types, if you want more vapor you will need to go for a regulated box mod like the ones discussed here.

Both Subox from Kanger and eVic VT Mini kit from Joytech are great starting kits and quite affordable.

I did nbot check about the eVic but one of the forums vendor has the Subox in stock.

Siam Diesel and Loki like this.
  10. Gin333

Gin333 New Member

Sorry I've now thrown away those e-cigs so I don't know brand... One leaked terribly so I kept ending up with the liquid in my mouth. Cheap junk from the market which is all I can find - apparently selling e-cigs is illegal now in shops??
    I believe anything that releases a lot of smoke would work for me. I saw a friend with one that was box shaped rather than long and thin - I tested it and it worked nicely. So sorry I don't have more information...

11. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Go for the Subox kit. It is very versatile and will give you plenty of options for how you want to vape. Check with the forum vendors, I'm sure one of them has it in stock.

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  12. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

I would say the eVic Mini TC kit over Subox since it has higher wattage range and Temperature Control function (should you want to try it out in the future) You can also upgrade the firmware..

The Subox looks much nicer though.

Loki likes this.
  13. Gin333

Gin333 New Member

Ok thanks everyone. I would like to buy a Kanger Subox. How do I contact a vendor (sorry I can't seem to find anything on this site!!)

Jared S likes this.
  14. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I thought one or other of Big or Micky had the SubOx, but maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Kanger Subox Mini Kit | Thailand Vapers
    Seems like he's currently out of stock.

Siam Diesel and Jared S like this.
  15. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

etlava, Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.