1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!)

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by haybilly, Nov 1, 2015.

1. peoplesmoker
    Angelic

peoplesmoker New Member

Thanks useful

2. Sammi NahmKing
    Curious

Sammi NahmKing Member

IMHO, pen vapes that use the salt-nic can be a really good first step off the cigarettes. For example, during the time which I was investigating ways to quit smoking (after previously relapsing from the following quitting methods: nicotine patches, nicotine gum, ibuprion, & champix), I was offered a blast from a friend's Direct To Lung (DTL) sub-ohm vaping system. It was too much. Too big of a difference between that and smoking cigarettes. But later another friend let me try out his JUUL and this felt like less of a transition to make from regular cigarettes. So, JUULing, and later pen-vaping using an OVNS "Saber" (to save money) using salt-nic was what I did for about 9 months. Since then, I bought my first tank/mod system which is a Wismec REULEAUX RX-mini with a Nautilus X tank using 1.5 ohm Nautilus X coils. The switch from pen-vape to the mod/tank was made because I noticed poor flavour from the refillable pods after three or four refills (even after cleaning them for 48 hours in alcohol). Still using Mouth To Lung (MTL) technique, but wow the flavour is so much better than when using refillable pods. So from my own personal experience, retrospectively, I would say that yes, pen vapes with salt-nic can be a good starter method for quitting cigarettes, but if I had known then what I know know about the aforementioned MTL mod/tank option, then I could have bypassed the pen vape stage completely. Bypassing the pen vape stage would have saved money from buying pen vapes and pods and from replacing the cheap pen vapes when they broke and became unusable.

I honestly want to say that going straight from cigarettes to Wismec REULEAUX RX-mini with a Nautilus X tank with 1.5 ohm Nautilus X coils could be a viable plan of action for somebody new to vaping.

Hope that's a useful post for somebody in the planning stages of quitting cigarettes.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

feel as you.... I never vape with vape pen with nicotine salt 40mg/ml, but I believe that the best way to quit is a standard small unexpensive mod as the pico with a reliable small atomiser as nautilus and others, not sub ohm, at 20mg/ml and slow down progressively at 12 .... 6 mg/ml ....after that some vapers as me went on sub ohm with low nicotine tar e liquid and just enjoy good liquid, buy more expensive gears you like..... that was the today old generation post .

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Siam Diesel likes this.