1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!)

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by haybilly, Nov 1, 2015.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

First AIO seized by pirates, second will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try it.

2. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

I am bringing in a few Endura T18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. farangmick
    Worried

After a few days with the eGo AIO, I love it. Suits my MTL vaping to a T. Flavour not quite up to Nautilus or Kabuki, but so convenient to sling in your pocket. I swap juices regularly through the day, and I finally filled mine with Cinnamon Roll, 'cos I can vape that anytime with tea, coffee, water or beer, wherever I happen to be.

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been using one for a few weeks, and on the whole, I'm impressed; occasionally it will suddenly start to give dry hits, but after googling about it, it happens occasionally when the Atomiser head is, either not quite tight enough, and after a bit of a tweak, it's back to normal. Other than that, it's a great innovation.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  5. taotoo

taotoo Well-Known Member

Am currently engaged in a AIO vs T18 shoot-out. T18 feels like a perfect cig-replacement out of the box. The AIO a bit airy and too powerful for my tastes. Gonna try the 1 and 1.5 ohm coils and see if there's an improvement. I see there is also a Kanger-Tech EVOD PRO Starter Kit - might preorder one.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

I think my choices for best Starter Kits are: the 2 that you have just mentioned ( JT AIO, Innokin End.T18, ) and another little beauty is..... The Eleaf iJust Start Plus, not the one with the Atlantis sub Ohm coil, but the one with the EGrip style 0.75 Ohm coil, this is a lovely, easy kit to use ( the tank is actually a GS Tank, on a high powered, auto, battery, not sure if it's 1600 mah or 2200 mah, without looking, but it does the job.
    A good mate of mine, who is a total sub-Ohm, Lung hit, Vaper, had a few tokes on mine today, and even he was mildly surprised..... He might even have been impressed.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. taotoo

taotoo Well-Known Member

Any leaking, does the air flow control go right down if you want it, and do you notice the power drop off as the battery depletes?

Edit: sorry for brevity, am on phone ☺

8. haybilly
    Paranoid

Which device? Sorry, but I mentioned 3.
    If you mean the iJust Start Plus, no leaks, no power drops, and there is a silicone band that I've never used, which can close the air hole completely.

9. taotoo

taotoo Well-Known Member

Thanks - yes the iJust - sorry wasn't clear. Sounds like another good option then (particularly the Plus version). Great that we have so many of these types of devices to choose from now.

10. haybilly
    Paranoid

I can only really vouch for the Start Plus, I did get the basic I Just Start D16 for a smoker, and he was not nearly as keen on that as he is on the Start Plus.

11. farangmick
    Worried

I had a T18 and my first AIO on separate orders for wannabe quitters, but both were lost. The T18 gets good reviews, with flavour generally reckoned to be a bit better. The only downside for me seems to be that unless you know a flavour you like, and stick with it, the huge wick prevents easy juice changes with only a bit of ghosting.

12. Shawn Stephen

Shawn Stephen Member

Kangertech Subox Mini with Subtank or Toptank is a good starter kit. Easy to use and learn more about it. Plus it has good flavors and vapors too.

Subtank Kbox Mini was my first vape device and I love it! It's the best and very comfortable.

13. Ludovitche

Ludovitche New Member

I bought Kangertech, 2 years ago and last month.

A Subtank Mini with premade coils is nice and easy.

Now I just bought a Dripbox 160 and try to build the RDA myself, it's less easy.

The dripbox 160 works. But the rda is made to build dual coils in parallel (mine suck, one fire before the other), batteries are not included (and you really need to choose high drain batteries), you have to know when to skwonk or you get the worse dry hits of your life, any error and it spits back at you quite a lot...
    The learning curve is tough, for dummy me at least.
    I just have to tell my wife I'll spend a few more evenings in the garage destroying coils and burning cottons...

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  14. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

If you know how to coil and wick the dual coil RDA already just keep on building and you will get to the point were you will have both coils clow evenly. I woul go with micro coils and use 28 or 26 gauge kanthal wire to get to around .5 ohm. Of course you know already to build two identical coils. 6 wraps should do it and once installed on the RDA fire and swipe the coils gently with a screwdriver or tweezers and pinch them gently together if needed. Sorry but i can't recommend any coil building videos but would say check out grim green or rip tripper.

Just send it

15. Ludovitche

Ludovitche New Member

Thank you for the answer.
    just saw the "no new poster" in this thread.
    might want to delete my post and find the right thread