1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!)

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by haybilly, Nov 1, 2015.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Time-saver: watch from 16 minutes, there is the essence.

farangmick likes this.
  2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I've got one in the pipeline.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Handy Hondy
    Fine

Handy Hondy Member

Hi Everyone,

I have the Aspire K1 starter kit and it's helped me give up the tabs, i'm almost a month without a ciggy now and havent felt this good for years. I had been smoking since I was 14 and I'm 48 this year and was smoking 20 L&Ms a day. I started to feel like I could be heading for some serious health issues soon from smoking so I bit the bullet and got the k1.

Price: I walked into a shop in Southport and bought the kit for 40 UK pounds (about 57 USD). (I know, it was very expensive. It was an impulse buy, that I don't regret at all. You cant put a price on your health. I belive they are available for around 41 USD on line).

What you get: You get a really nice looking 900mAh battery and an aspire clearomiser which takes the new BVC coils 1.8, 1.6, 2.1 Ohms. You also get a charger and 6 coils with the set. I got a 10 ml bottle of juice off the seller too.

Usability: I have only tried it with tobacco juice 50/50 so far with the 1.8ohm coils it can with, but it is really really nice to vape on and gives plenty of flavour. It's a real mpouth to lung experience a lot like a ciggy and that's probably why I like it so much. It has 2 very small air holes which make for a tight draw but you can make it even tighter by covering 1 very easily with your finger. This is my favourite when really craving the ciggy like vape. The size of this set up is perfect for a top pocket on your shirt and just the stainless drip tip will poke out of the top. So nice to take with you when going out. The tank is 1.5 ml but realistically 1.3ml as you don't want to let it all burn out or you knacker the coil.

The tank is super easy to use and fill and clean. I have heard people say that it's a nightmare because you cant take it apart. Those people must have terrible lives if they let something that easy bring them down. Just was the tank out with warm water and let it sit in the sun for a bit or use a hair drier. You can clean the coils too which is handy and well worth doing to make em last longer. I put em in a cup of boiling water for ten minutes then suck the water out of em and spit it out into the sink. Its a little bit nasty tasting but not really that bad. Just dry em put in the sun or with a hair drier again and your good to go. It's very easy to change the coils and with a bit of cleaning (I rotate 2) they should last over 2 weeks (I haven't had it long enough to know for sure).

Battery life: I get through the day with my battery, but I prefer to charge it half way through the day so it stays up there with the watts. It tastes better when its freshly charged.

Would I buy another 1: Definately. I'll probably get a couple bigger vw batteries and get a couple of these aspire clearomisers from this kit to pair with them. It's just a lovely ciggy like mouth to lung vape so I don't really want to change that as I always enjoyed smoking so much. What I will do is also try out the Nautilus mini so that I can have a bigger tank for when I go out. They tell me that this is also a nice tight draw so that would be an option for me.

IMAG0622.jpg

Siam Diesel, Neilly, Yong and 2 others like this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

I got one about 3 months ago for a friend's Uncle, also from the UK, plus the big 1600 mah battery, and I was pretty impressed and so was the Uncle, he has quit cigarettes also. These are easy to use devices,I can't understand anyone saying that they are difficult, either.
    Good for you, handyhondy, keep it up, mate.
    Glad that you've noticed the obvious Health benefits.

5. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Great post @Handy Hondy. Expensive, yes, but a shop in England has much higher overheads than a giant on line
    company in China. Got you off the stinkies for the price of 80-100 Lambert & Butler, a bargain in real terms. Congratulations.
    The health benefits of vaping are immense. I smoked heavily for over forty years, and after only a few months without a stinkie I have no cough, I can walk properly (cardio vascular problem), taste food, and I've started cycling.
    You also wrote a cracking review. Post more here if you decide this could be a hobby and you buy more kit.

Siam Diesel, Handy Hondy and haybilly like this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

I'm interested to know where you took the photo?? It doesn't look like Thailand?

Don't get me wrong, it's not a requirement, this is not a Thai exclusive forum.

7. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

Agree on the Aspire K1.

Anything thats cheap on the wallet and easy to use without too much option/hassle. Fill up and fire, taste bad = change coil.

I was using a fake ego from tawanna market in ramkampeang and i was satisfied with it. LOL.

Frayedmind and Handy Hondy like this.
  8. farangmick
    Worried

Just put an Ego Aio and a pack of coils in my FT cart. Going backwards, but it seems like a good bit of kit for a quick trip into town. And Cubis coils pretty cheap.

9. Handy Hondy
    Fine

Handy Hondy Member

It was in Formby at my buddies house, I was back in the Uk for a visit. I'm North Walian meself.
    **Updated**
    I used to live in Hat Yai, but I'm in Bangers now.
    **Updated**
    The German flag comes from the server in work. I've never actually been to Germany. But I did live in Holland for a few years.

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  10. farangmick
    Worried

And taken them out. Didn't notice still on pre order.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

I have just been in Pattaya for a few days and seen an old friend (Chain smoker)
    He bought a E Cig I think Joytec or something but dosnt like it. I gave him a try of my
    iStick 40W with the Nautilus mini & he thinks its great. I have sent him the URL for this forum also the 3 main suppliers
    on the forum but not one seller has the iStick in stock.

Is there a box mod with integrated battery he can buy from a Thai supplier?

Cheers
    Rowdy

12. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

For someone just starting out there is no better choice that the istick Pico...highly recommended by many.
    **Updated**
    Killer starter setup....all you need...the Aspire Premium Kit comes with a bigger battery and the nautilus mini...the minis are fragile so Id also get the stainless steel sleeve on it.

13. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

Hi. I am new here. This forum is ful of good advise. Started vaping with joyetech mini VT with tron tank about 8 months ago. Tried some rebuild able coils on this kit which worked well and very good practise for me. Upgraded to a cuboid Griffin 22 this month and very very happy. I still use my mini VT tron and this kit really helped getting into vaping with coil builds/ maintenance. My advise to newbies is stick to vaping and try experimenting....i did and it's good fun.

haybilly likes this.
  14. haybilly
    Paranoid

Just going back to a comment by FarangMick about the Joyetech AIO, well I'm not what you'd call a noobie Vaper ( mind you, you can call me what you like, I guess) but I've got a couple of these, and with both the 0.6 Ohm coil that comes with it, or the Cubis 1 Ohm, it's a really easy device- either for advanced, or beginners, it's mostly MTL, but if you've got a good set of lungs you can Lung hit, too. Small capacity tank, but that's what TPD regulations are all about.

farangmick likes this.
  15. Johnyhotrocks

Johnyhotrocks Member

I agree haybilly, some starter kits can be easily tricked up. Using 28g twisted double coils in Griffin and a single twisted in my tron tank. Vaping 82/18% Vg juice and getting sweet vaping. Using my mini VT tron on motorbike and the odd sneaky vape in office toilet haha ; )