1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Stainless Steel tanks question

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by David in Bangkok, Jan 25, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

So I love the look of these, but how do you know when to refill?

Probably a stupid question, but I really hate to take dry hits and I don't really see how to tell how much is in there...

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Fill it regularly, or, like you said, dry hits.
    I used the steel tank with the Taifun once, novelty wore off immediately.

David in Bangkok likes this.
  3. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I thought maybe people would have had a way. I mean I get the appeal they look really cool, but I hate dry hits...

4. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

The answer is a DNA 40 with a Nickel NI200 build, it can be vaped dry without a dry hit, but it takes a while to get the wicking and coil building right.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

I dont use the all steel tanks but i can taste when a tank is almost empty, on my kayfun 3.1 and kfv4(clones) the flavor gets stronger just before the tank is empty.

6. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

I have nothing to add which hasn't been said before, but yeah you can usually taste when a tank is about to be empty.

7. VapeMonkey

VapeMonkey Monkey See, Monkey do!

For me, it comes down with "experience". When I use the Taifun GT with regular tank, I know I have to refill it every day. So when I switch to full steel tank, I just refill it at the end of the day. If I want to change flavor, I just throw the juice which is left in the dripper or left-over-bottle. I call this the "crapmix" and sometimes it can comes out pretty surprisingly :D

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I don't like them either...tried the SS one for the Nautilus but put it away when the extra glass tanks arrived. If you've got a decent scale, you can weigh the tank (completely assembled) when it's empty, fill it and then weigh it again. The delta is the weight of the liquid and when you get close to the dry weight, it's time to refill...
    :vaping: :vaping:

9. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

I put them away. I dont vape any tank cracker, so I dont need them.