1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

stacking batteries in mods

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Purple Vaper, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Purple Vaper

Purple Vaper Thread Starter New Member

i have read over a few forums that some people stack batteries when using tube mods such as lava tubes, zmax and so on..........
    using 2 18350 batteries instead of just one 18650 battery

for me this really is a no, no, from seeing and reading posts about this it is a dangerous thing to do
    same goes when buying batteries, get good ones, and get a good charger
    i have seen pictures of the cheap chinese batteries and chargers on fire and it is not a nice thing to see or to happen

maybe posters can post up what batteries they use on their mods and what chargers they use to help people with this.

happy safe vaping to everyone:very good::vaping::congratulations:

2. jackbox

jackbox New Member

Stacking batteries is inherently dangerous and you must take several precautions to ensure you don't wind up with an explosion. A Li-Ion battery can explode with the same force as a grenade the same size. The batteries must be married and never used with any other batteries than the married pair. If one gets damaged or vents, both should be thrown away. You must charge them together on a quality charger that properly terminates the batteries. Cheap chargers that come with kits do not properly charge Li-Ion batteries and often overcharge them. Overcharging is the number one reason that causes venting, thermal runwaways and explosions. If either battery ever goes below 2.5 volts both batteries should be disposed of properly. Once a Li-Ion cell goes too low it can no longer accept a charge and instead when put on a charger will just heat up until it vents or goes into thermal runway. I personally do not stack batteries. I prefer the newer VW mods in which I can vape with a single 18650 battery.