1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

SO many issues with RTA!

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by imthebear, Aug 20, 2017.

1. imthebear

imthebear Thread Starter New Member

I'm super frustrated. I've watched lots of videos, built/rebuilt my tank several times, and the issues are endless. I have an Ijoy exo RTA, and heres what I am getting :

First, leaks. I am not sure where to place O-rings, theres no instructions or guides I can find, and I was suspecting this is an issue. I placed some orings where it looked like they might be supposed to go, and the leaking is less. Some drops while its sitting upright but mostly ok.

The bottom airflow control -- very hard to turn. Its meant to spin with the glass so its not over-tightened, but I have to hold the top part, take a towel, and turn the bottom. This is the same for the drip tip/top of glass piece, its hard to remove without unscrewing the chimney and dropping all oil.

Now, the worse issues. I rebuilt the wick/coil yesterday, had great taste for a ~2ml tank, and on my second tank its starting to sputter, pop loudly, and fire for ~ 1 second after I release. 1/2 way through the tank I am getting a burned taste again.

I am tempted to try buying a new tank, but I fear the same issues might persist.

2. jEoHKT

jEoHKT Well-Known Member

RTAs as i've read, are prone to leaking. Just last week my Mage RTA was driving me crazy. It leaked everywhere. The bottom pin, AF holes you name it.

How i made it stop might be different for you, but basically i got these fixes from other fixes of different kinds of RTAs.

First your cotton, use a lot of it. I don't mean longer ends, but more density. Learn to do the Scottish roll in YT.

Second, if your RTAs feed holes doesnt have juice flow control like mine, cover them with your wicks.

3rd, close all available AF when refilling. Learn to do the 'burp' method.

4th, pretty much check your O-rings.

and be patient. One way or another you will figure everthing out.

Burnt taste is from high wattage, long draws with very few cotton. Like i said, Scottish Roll.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Donkey, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I have two EXO RTAs and they are some of my favourite tanks. I've never had any of the problems you seem to be having.
    The airflow control should spin separately from the glass. The juice flow moves with the glass. When you assemble the tank, make sure you screw the top piece down tightly on the the chimney/glass section. Then taking of the top cap and bottom build section becomes easy. As to vaping and getting a burnt taste/spitting, I can only think you are not wicking it correctly. I never get spitting or burning on mine, the thing just gives me lovely, flavourful hits.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Depending on the mod shape and top of 510 connector, the EXO can be damn near impossible to adjust after attaching. That's the case with mine with some mods where it sits very flush with the top of the mod.

As for leaking, mine did that pretty badly straight out the 510 pin opening. I noticed the 510 pin that extends from the bottom of the removable build deck was off center so I tried adjusting that and also re-seated/screwed back in the build deck into the bottom section of the atomizer making sure the o-rings were lubed up some. No leaking since. You can troublshoot some more and see if the other build deck (two are supplied single coil and dual) exhibits the same problem.

For wicking it's a balance with having enough to feed the coil but not so much as to choke off juice delivery or too little to allow for flooding. Also make sure you wick tails are not resting, even a little bit, on areas of the air flow coming up and underneath the coils.

May want to check your coil leg connections and tightness of post screws. It might be another atty I am thinking of but recall the post screws not being so securely screwed down one time despite feeling they had been after building.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Konvict, Rick O-Shea and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. imthebear

imthebear Thread Starter New Member

the post screws seem to be of poor quality, the single deck post has a stripped screw in it I cannot for the life of me remove (did not even press hard on it or screw it too tight), and the other dual post deck must be having a poor connection its not firing properly at all . Wonder if I got a poor quality cl one that was sold as authentic

6. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Why i dont buy bottom air flow RTA's no more just too much of a leak head ache no matter how you wick they will find way to damn leak. Try the OBS engine or other top flow RTAs hell even the RDTAs with top flow.

moonoy93, Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  7. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I like the OBS engine single coil .
    If I was in Europe, I"ll try very soon this dripper in a shop
    Le dripper KLS, pour ceux qui n'aiment pas les drippers - Danyvape
    (sorry review in french but good quality pictures).

Siam Diesel and Donkey like this.
  8. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

I love them so much i went out and picked up another. In fact im puffing away on one right now lol

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Spot on...

Siam Diesel likes this.