1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

So, how much trouble will i get in if i get caught at customs?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by vapeone, Jan 7, 2018.

1. vapeone

vapeone Thread Starter New Member

So i've been reading about these insane laws for an hour or two now, arriving in Phuket in Feb. No stranger to the LOS but never knew about these laws before and i took a whole BUNCH of DIY stuff with me before - i'm talking 1L of base mix and several flavourings and small bottles.

Now i am obviously shitting my pants a little bit, no way am i going back to analogues and quitting vaping isn't an option - so im gonna risk it.

So far im gonna do the folllowing - have i missed anything?

- 1 X RTA broken up in seperate peices around my checked luggage
    - 3 X 100ml bottles unlabeled in with toiletries
    - 1 Mod in hand luggage with batteries inside - looks kinda like a powerbank on scanners?

Possibly putting the mod in my pocket as i walk through customs too.

My question is, how much shit am i going to get in if i get caught bringing it in? The amount of vapers that must get caught at customs each day without realising these insane laws exist must be pretty damn high right?

If i play the dumb tourist card am i right in thinking the most i can expect to receive is a confiscation and maybe a small fine?

It's just the BIB on the street that will go for the bribes or jail right?

Any tips would be appreciated.

2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Me personally, I remove the batteries from my mod. I also put a flashlight end on my mod, thus turning it in to a tactical flashlight.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

4. vapeone

Thanks for the info, using a 3 battery mod with a flashlight extension kinda looks a little obvious to me.

Am i missing something here? What's wrong with just having your entire assembled mod in your pocket as you go through customs? Why is dissasembly of the atty in the checked luggage better?

I've never seen body scanners the past times i've been to phuket and BKK, but i could be wrong?

Fastoche likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

A 3-batt mod isn’t exactly stealthy...if you can pocket it without the (bulky) outline showing, that’d probably work. Be aware that the reports we’ve had of problems with Customs have all been from the Phuket Airport IIRC. ;)

Konvict and debatedude like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Konvict, debatedude and vapeone like this.
  7. vapeone

Thanks, do they tell you to empty your pockets when you're getting the bags scanned?

Could you point me in the direction of a few threads talking about the issues?

8. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I would not recomment that. At most/biggest, a 2-battery mod. It's not just the airport you have to worry about, it's the stay in Thailand and leaving that has to be added in to the picture. Bring something small and stealthy. If you want a bigger/more powerful mod, source one in Thailand. A few vendors on this site can sort you out. When I cross the border, it's always a 1-battery mod. I have a bigger mod waiting for me in Thailand.

Fastoche, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.