1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Smoant Battlestar as a first device

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by SooKee, Aug 17, 2017.

1. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Thread Starter Contented Single Coiler

Hi. New member here. I'm not a smoker generally but occasionally would like a shisha and with the constant clampdowns it gets harder to find.

So I've been pondering an e-mail cigarette as an option and yesterday tried the above device when out with some friends. Quote liked the device overall as it was quite small but still had some heft to it. Felt to be good quality. Girl said she had paid 5,000 for it which seems way over the odds given I've seen them advertised in The Thai Vape shop for around 2,000?

So would this be an ok device or is there a better option. I'm looking mainly for quality build and parts availability etc (if that's an issue) as opposed to as cheap as possible.

In terms of obtaining one. Any pointers? I live in BKK and visit Pattaya sometimes or of course there's online options. Just a bit dubious about online with leaving audit trails traceable to me if a place got busted.

Any thoughts appreciated. Plan to spend a long time reading up on here but just asking about this device now in case I come across a seller on my travels.

stormvapers likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

In the current climate, if you don't smoke, I'd suggest that you not start vaping. Most on here are vaping to get our nic fix & reduce the harm from smoking.

PS - I know nothing about that mod.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

SooKee, stormvapers, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  3. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I'm with @Siam Diesel. If you don't smoke, why vape.

On the other hand, the Battlestar is a really nice mod. Have one and really like it, not my favourite but really good. Seen them for around 1750. But then you have to choose a tank and batteries as well, so you're probably going to end up at around 4000 all in plus juice.

4. jEoHKT

jEoHKT Well-Known Member

Started out with a Wehei 218w 3-battery mod. Immediately regretted it, the mod made a buzzing electrical sound everytime you turn it on.

So after that i bought a Smoant Battlestar, and this device rocks. It's an updated version, i run it with two 2600mah sony 18650, which lasts exactly 2 days with fairly heavy vaping at 35 to 40w. Had no problems so far, and i'm a beginner myself.

I paired it with a mage RTA and man, i'm so satisfied with my vapors. Although 5000 is way too expensive man, i got it for 1,750 baht. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. SooKee
    Lurking

Cheers for the replies. I don't smoke but I DO do shisha once in a while albeit not often. Mostly to be honest, I don't even want to sit for an hour or so with a shisha so an Vape that I can use at home for the occasional hit is all I need really. And at a cost of maybe 4-5 shisha outside it's not much money invested. So I'll be using it as a shisha replacement.

Thanks for the help anyways. Might see if I can pick one up in BKK when I'm back. I'm in Pattaya at the moment but too lazy to go out to Therapasit Market. Any idea if the online suppliers are OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I've yet to have a problem with a Thai online vendor and I've been ordering 4-5 times a month for the last three years.

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. SooKee
    Lurking

Finally ended up getting a Battlestar. Picked one up from a local vendor. 4,800 for the mod, tank, coil, 2 batteries and bottle of juice. Not sure it was overpriced or not but couple of folks I spoke to reckoned it was OK, especially for the convenience of just being able to get it down the road. Thanks for the help.

Long term I think it'll be good value vs 500 baht a time for a shisha. Plus, with not paying out 500 a shot I feel less inclined to make it 'worth it' by sitting there for an hour. 10 minutes casual use and done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakhonsisean, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.