1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help small query with leaking juice

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Baz, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

I cleaned it all again and it seems OK I had about 10 vapes on it, so the test will be tonight, fingers crossed.

Thanks again guys.:cheers:

Cheers
    Rowdy.

samui, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Baz
    Notworthy

Baz Thread Starter Active Member

Hi guys,

OK, this is weird. Same thing as Rowdy. As mentioned previously, after maybe half a dozen vapes, I was getting a gurgling and then leakage into the battery, where the contact pin sits. As an experiment I decanted what Strawberries’n’Cream was left in the tank and gave that sucker a thorough wash, rinse and dry as I normally do. Then I grabbed a brand new Never used) tank setup with mouth piece, glass tank and screw-in coil. Refilled with Strawberries’n’Cream and exact same thing happened after 4 or 5 vapes. Now I’m thinking it can’t be 2 defective tanks and I definitely know I screwed everything on properly.

So, as a comparison test, I grabbed the original tank that gave me the problem in the first place and filled that with some Vanilla Custard I’d mixed up myself previously and it’s vaping fine and dandy. Been on it all day at work and currently here at home tonight. Only thing I can put it down to is the juice itself. As a noob I can only assume (correct me if I’m wrong) that it might have something to do with the viscosity of the liquid if there’s indeed such a thing. Anyway, suffice to say I won’t (can’t) buy any more Vista Strawberries’n’Cream. Such a shame as it tastes super nice. Ah well, you live and learn. OK, I've rambled on too long as usual (I should be writing books I reckon) so I'll finish this off with a "big thanks" to all who took the time to respond. You’re all lifesavers in my book! No doubt I shall return time and time again for sure. Cheers.

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

My leaking problem is all fixed now.
    Thank you members.

Cheers
    Rowdy

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Lyss
    Bored

Lyss Well-Known Member

A small bit of my personal experience.
    I'm using a Subtank Mini with 0,6ohm coil. The coil is still the same from the very beginning of the year, I just periodically (once/2weeks) wash it in vodka and then pressurized water spout.
    So, everything went nice until couple weeks ago when it started to leak after I changed the juice. The leak happened at the bottom of the tank, the air holes and the gaps between moving metal rings came permanently wet. Logically, I incriminated the juice at first. No big deal, as the leakage was quite minor, I just vaped out that tank and filled with another juice - but the leakage remained. Consequently, the only cause could be the seal broken, and as the leakage happens at the base of the tank, the seals should be those at the coil.
    Then I just unscrewed the coil, inspected it's plastic/rubber rings visually - everything looked ok - cleaned it and thread again and slowly and carefully screwed in finger tightly. Leakage stopped as it never been.
    I fully support those who wrote previously that it mostly happens (in case your tank started to leak suddenly w/o the reason) of inproperly screwing in your coil.
    Hope that helps to somebody.

Siam Diesel and Rowdy like this.