1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help small query with leaking juice

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Baz, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Baz
    Notworthy

Baz Thread Starter Active Member

I am hoping someone out there more knowledgeable than myself can explain to this noob why the following happened.

I’m using an Aspire CF VV 1300mah battery (set at 3.9V) connected to an Aspire ET-S Pyrex tank with a brand new 1.8 ohm coil. I filled it up with some Stawberries’n’Cream 70PG/30VG from Vista Vapors (first time I’ve tasted VV). After taking about 10-12 draws I put it down and went to bed. Got up next day and went to work and after another 8-10 draws I noticed it started feeling like nothing was coming through and vapor output was noticeably less than normal. It was like no vapor was getting through and I was sucking on air. Went into the bathroom and unscrewed the battery and noticed there was juice on the battery contact and in the cavity that surrounds it. The exact same with the screw-in piece that houses the coil. It’s all good though. All I did was flick the juice out into the sink and give both pieces of kit a clean with some paper towel and I was good to go. Anyone know how or why this happens? Do I have some sort of seal problem or is juice finding its way in from the air holes somehow? BTW, this has never happened before in the 80 days since I stopped smoking.

One thing though, while I was at work today I kept a close eye on it and kept checking everything was screwed on finger tight and it was all good until afternoon smoko. Went back to what is was like earlier on. I wonder if it was simply just a case of me being a noob and not having the battery screwed on tight enough beforehand? Or maybe the 1.8 coil is unsuitable or even the voltage I’m on? Geez, it might even be the juice! I’m currently sucking on some Vista Pineapple as I speak and all is good. I’m dumfounded! Any enlightenment would be truly appreciated. At least I’ll know what NOT to do in future eh? Cheers guys.

Again, apologies if this was meant to be in General Discussion section. Still finding my way around.

2. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hi. Baz. Had to google ET-S, because it's from well before my time. I can only suggest a Nautilus mini, real or clone, to replace the tank. After over three months, I still use my Aspire Premium starter kit when out and about, and I've bought a couple more Mini tanks that I use on any mod.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Only thng I can think of would be coil not screwed in properly. But i am NOT familiar with either your tank or tanks in general. Or possibly a duff coil?

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I've had this happen a few times with my Nauts...not with my ET-S' (but they only get used for traveling). I think it's due to the tank sections not being tightened down enough causing the tank to lose its vacuum, which results in the juice running out the bottom of the coil (and down your leg if you're not careful ;)). To avoid this, I now tend to tighten my tanks much more than finger tight. Seems to do the trick...haven't had it happen for awhile and when it did, the tank was almost empty.

The ET-S is still a good tank...cheap as chips, Aspire BVC coils (the smaller ones), Pyrex lining & holds a full 3 ml of juice. Only drawback is eGo threading...not quite the vape of a Naughty but works fine when traveling through airports and in the air. ;)

haybilly, Neilly, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  5. farangmick
    Worried

Old enough to have seen Zep at Leeds Town Hall. Not everything newer is better, sometimes I'm happy to be an old git. LOL.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Baz
    Notworthy

Baz Thread Starter Active Member

Cheers Mick. Not sure the problem lies with the tank. It’s a nice piece of kit that came with the starter pack and is basically foolproof. After reading Longtail’s comment (thanks mate) I’m actually leaning towards the theory that I didn’t screw the coil in properly (but more than happy for any other suggestions). Got home and emptied tank, washed in warm soapy water as usual, rinsed and dried it off. Didn’t replace coil as I reckon it would be a waste to throw out a day old coil. Just screwed it back in and filled up with Pineapple and right now it’s ticking along nicely. Fingers crossed it doesn’t play up again. I’ll be absolutely ropeable if it does. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to respond guys, appreciate it. It has made me think about about “upgrading” my setup though. Seeing as I vape purely as a stinkie replacement, I won’t be going to hardcore. Maybe a Subox Mini or iStick or something similar. Plenty of time to decide as I’m more than happy with my pen (or “pipe” as my mates call it) setup I have at the moment. Cheers.

P.S. 64 days to go before I’m in Thailand (CM and CR). 3 weeks of bliss headed my way! Yee-Ha!
    **Updated**
    A man goes off to write a reply and SD sneaks in a comment. Ah Siam you legend! Firstly ‘cos you showed me that I’m not alone. Feel so much better knowing it can happen to the best of us. And secondly for putting up the Zep vid. “Juice runnin’ down my leg” – classic! Sad thing (great thing) is I’ve actually got this album here at home. Thanks for the memories. Will take comments onboard, makes sense now. Cheers.
    **Updated**
    I'm with you there 100% Mick. Youngins today have no idea what real music is all about. Then again, each to their own. Rock On or Vape On? Both work for me!
    **Updated**
    Oops! Need to correct myself here guys. Just went and had a gawk at the Subox Mini and nah, not for me. Made a boo-boo there. Bit too hardcore for me. I know some of you experienced vapers and cloud chasers might have a chuckle about it but seriously, I just need a stinkie replacement and quite happy to be that guy. But hey, don't get me wrong. Absolutely love seeing vapers getting the big clouds happening, especially the gals. OK, just thought I should clear that up. Don't want people to think I'm a complete dork. Goodnight one and alll. It's coming up to 9.30 (8.30 your time) and I have to get up at 4 so I should head off and get some beauty sleep. Cheers.

7. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

I have two of them & they are great BUT one has started to leak.

I'm thinking it might be the nylon O ring but I'm not sure.

Any members experience this or can offer some advice to fix it?

Thanks
    Rowdy.

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Saw LZ do Stairway to Heaven in LA (and the Beatles at Dodger Stadium in '66 ;))...one of the very few advantages to being our age is we've been around since the beginning of rock and roll. Music today just doesn't compare IMO.
    :grin:

Konvict and farangmick like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Where is the liquid leaking from, @Rowdy ??

(Threads merged) Some of the suggestions in this thread may help. ;)

Rowdy and Konvict like this.
  10. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Hehehe...slept late today @Emmess after watching my boys demolish the competition in the Europa League game last night. ;)
    :pleasure:

Konvict and Emmess like this.
  12. farangmick
    Worried

Totally off the top of my head, but maybe the heat and/or humidity here is a problem. Everything I have out here that is supposed to have some elasticity seems to lose it very quickly compared to England. O rings on a pressure washer, or elastic on a pair of boxers, same same. I'm not an industrial chemist though, so I may well be talking bollocks.
    Think I'll stock up on a selection of o rings, and maybe keep them in a fridge!

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

You can buy replacement parts for the Naughties directly from Aspire...

14. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Thanks SD.:thank you:

As I tried to vape it started to gurgle and then started to leak.
    I have left it standing and lying down but no leak.
    I will take it apart today, clean it and put a new coil in it.
    Then take it from there.

You said Aspire sell parts for the nautilus, what no local seller has them?

Cheers
    Rowdy.

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Unfortunately not things like the spare gaskets, 510 pins, etc. Here's the link...they only ship via EMS (so shipping charges are high) but that's worked out ok thus far. ;)
    Tank Clearomizer : Aspire online shopping