1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Sigelei Moonshot

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by memphys, Apr 22, 2016.

1. memphys

memphys Thread Starter Member

Sooooo, I dropped my mod and OBS Crius when I was drunk, and now, it leaks from the air flow channel ring and is damn shaky on my mod. Guess it's time for a new tank. :chinrub:

Anyone here has a Sigelei Moonshot RDTA? Thoughts? Comments?

Specs according to Sigelei

Top fill Features.
    22mm Diameter
    304 Stainless Steel
    510 compatible drip tips
    DIY top fill RDTA atomizer; 2.0 ml tank capacity
    Cotton control build deck: designed for usability, ease of use, perform consistently every time
    experience a more enjoyable vape with active cooling technology

PEEK insulator is used on the build deck
    experience purer flavor with higher wattages
    Vape from 30w through 200w
    higher precision adjustable airflow
    The most temperature resistant plastic material that is food safe

Comfortable wide bore Delrin drip tip keeps your lips cool

Darth Vaper likes this.
  2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Superb flavor...possibly the very best of any RTA I have ever used. However, mine consistently leaks and is going on the shelf. Have tried 4 different coil rebuilds, replacement of o-rings and various wicking techniques including those recommended by Sigelei and also a couple others used by reviewers. No matter what I do, the tank leaks every time upon filling both from the air-flow slots as well as a small leak down the 510 pin. I've given up. I may have a bad copy here.

Darth Vaper likes this.
  3. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

is it a copy or an original scratch

Graeme and Darth Vaper like this.
  4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Original. I suspect I have a bad copy or worse yet, a copy from a bad production run with other affected.

Like I mentioned, the flavor is phenomenal and for myself was worth dealing with the absolute pain in the arse rebuilding and placement of coils. It's easily the most awkward and difficult atty I have ever built on. Even if it only occasionally leaked and with the screwy build process, that would be enough to shelve it, regardless of the great flavor. Just not worth it for me.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

bummer mate, I thought I saw vapnfagan do a review on this and he said once built it didn't leak, I could be mistaken though,

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Another reviewer or two mentioned leaking that they finally resolved (via Sigelei recommended wicking method or more cotton etc.) but in searching the Web only found a few reports of leaking in forums or elsewhere. That's why I think I have a bad copy.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

i thought this was a funny way to sort wicks out

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

That's the Sigelei-recommended way. Didn't work on mine :(

9. ThaiGermanSamui

ThaiGermanSamui Well-Known Member

my one is leaking as well .. not a copy ! Monday Device IMHO ;) never used again ..

Darth Vaper likes this.
  10. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

This one was high up on the "to do" list until about 22 or so seconds ago... @Scratchy or @sammy - can't help but wonder if maybe the atty is fine and it just so happens that y'all both somehow managed to attract the formation of a rarely observed, highly localized, subspace distortion phenomenon wherein all other knowledge and abilities relating to building RTA's in unaffected but on this one in particular - - bam! simultaneous and sudden total shmuck-o.

The only way to test the theory is to have either one of you sell yours (at a drastically reduced price... normally this is a service that YOU would be billed for but the spirits are strangely generous this evening). If it sucks as hard as you both report after evaluation (including tests in all frequencies for the presence of tell-tale errant chroniton particles...), sub space anomalies can be ruled out as a factor.

Seriously, if it'll just sit on a shelf... why not turn it into juice or something? At present there is one too few inherently retarded atomizers that will eventually get to be a focal point of rage and shot through the next few floors up and out into space... this could be a mutually beneficial - - - aw, whatever. send the unwanted item or be destroyed.

Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

12. Scratchy
    Lurking

13. memphys

memphys Thread Starter Member

Meh, looks like I'll be giving the Moonshot a miss. Pity tho, the packaging's what drew me to it. Not too keen of having to wick it one particular way. Time to put in an order for a Griffin RTA.