1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Rx200 update issues

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Aero K, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Aero K

Aero K Thread Starter Member

So I just updated my rx200 to the new v 3.00 firmware, and while the interface seems easier to navigate, I'm having issues using my 316 ss build in temp mode because it keeps switching back to wattage. Should I go into the new tcr? If so, how?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Aero K

So I just fixed the issue by changing out the atty and going at my kanthal for a bit. Once I put my ss back on I locked my resistance in when hovering over the ss mode. But I still don't know how to change the tcr for the custom modes.

3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Mine updated fine. Doesn't seem the temp inaccuracy has been fully addressed but it's still early and I want to test some more.

Meanwhile, one nice thing is setting custom profiles. Default Ti TCR value is .00350 so to try to get around the weak & cool vape at 480 F, I kept jacking that value upwards. Still testing and now, finally, after changing the value to .00390 it is behaving more closely to what I find on other TC mods' default Ti settings at 480 F.

5 presses fire button to turn device off then hold the fire button and up button simultaneously until the custom "M" setting appears. You can then use the fire button to shift the highlighted area to the TCR value then the up or down button to change it. After changing just let it sit and power off then 5 click power on. Then 3 click to choose setting.

Update: Yep, default TCR temp settings remain inaccurate.

a_spirit and Aero K like this.
  4. Aero K

Well the accuracy on the stainless seems much better, apparently they were set for 304 before but now they've changed it to 316, which makes my vape experience much better.

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Warning to anyone updating, the device resets and sets a default 230 C + 200W, Ni200 setting. If using Ti, unless you change it, you're in for an unpleasant surprise when you vape.

6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Well, that's good to hear. Admittedly, haven't tried Ni200 yet but for sure the Ti default profile still sucks.

7. Aero K

I've never really built with ti and haven't used ni in a long time because apparently I have an allergic reaction that causes minor swelling in my lips. But I can't really vouch for it being super accurate as this is my first ss tc mod

Scratchy likes this.
  8. Scratchy
    Lurking

At ECF someone using SS304 (default TCR of .00105) posted that they had to increase the TCR value in a custom profile to .00130. Another person using Ti who also felt the device inaccurate boosted his Ti setting to .00400. I just tried it and it seems about right. .00400 is the upward, normally recognized limit for Ti.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Have to say that with the custom TCR, this is vaping very nicely now. A pity the pre-built profile for Ti (I suspect Ni200 as well), even after latest update is still quite far off with actual temp vs setting but at least there's a good option with custom profile-adjusted TCR. Better IMO then cranking up the temp setting to approaching its limit. Now the temp reading is about accurate to actual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Unlike other mods, the RX200 and the VTC Mini are all over the place with settings vs actual temp. Examples later

11. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

Thats bad, i updated mine a few hours ago

Vaped from my iPhone with adapter to Tapatalk

12. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Still haven't got around to updating mine yet. I might try and work it out later. lol

13. Scratchy
    Lurking

Findings below show almost identical experiences with the VTC Mini and RX200 with a given atty but not across different ones. Joyetech has some work ahead of them to get these mods chipsets working anywhere close to as consistent and accurate as DNA200s and heck the Yihi or even the Cloupor chipsets.

Attys were allowed to fully cool down before switching between mods.

VTC Mini Zephyrus with dual coil Ti:

Built-in temp Ti, 450 F and vape is OK but maybe a little weak
    M1 TCR setting 350, 450 F Vape is about correct if not a touch warm

RX200 Zephyrus with dual coil Ti:

Built in temp Ti, 450 F and vape is OK but maybe a little weak
    M1 TCR setting 350, 450 F Vape is about correct

VTC Mini Bilow Nano with dual coil Ni200:

Built-in temp Ni200, 450 F and vape is very weak
    M2 TCR setting 620, 450 F Vape is about correct

RX200 Billow Nano with dual coil Ni200:

Built in temp Ni200, 450 F and vape is very weak
    M2 TCR setting 620, 450 F Vape is about correct​

Now, to throw a wrench into the above, I used a different Ti dual coil atty and found the following:

RX200 Cthulhu V2 with dual coil Ti:

Built in temp Ti, 450 F and vape is extremely weak
    M1 TCR setting 350, 450 F vape is extremely weak - Requires TCR value of more than 400

*Really bugged by these findings, I went into TCR menu and back out and it asked whether new or old coil I answered new. Coil was still the same one as before but warm so the resistance value climbed from what had been showing earlier .16 up to .19. Kept the TCR at 400 and the vape was much stronger, as expected. Tried one more Ti Atty:

RX200 Goliath V2 with dual coil Ti:

M1 TCR setting 350, 450 F vape is extremely weak - Requires TCR value of more than 400, same as Cthulhu​

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Could it be the conductivity of the atties as well? Not familiar with all of those but the Goliath V2 has a screw in deck that occasionally comes lose on mine and was thinking that may cause issues. I never vape that low personally though so shouldn't comment more. Also very inexperienced with TC and TC mods as you know.

15. Scratchy
    Lurking

It's definitely not 100% the attys themselves as they work perfectly fine on every other TC mod and with only having to set temp and no other fiddling. However, obviously they play some part as some work pretty well. I just think the algorithms and/or sensors of these Joyetech/Wismec mods have problems where, even if it displays the proper initial/base resistance of the coil, it may not treat the coil as such. Maybe some internal resistance or 510 connector properties of some attys show the problems more often. Locking resistance doesn't seem to help either.

I may wait to see if they correct things with a future firmware but if not, then I'm gonna sell these. Except for build quality, ergonomics and with the RX200, battery life, I think these mods are, in their current state, crappy for TC vaping and there's so many better ones out there right now. For VW vapers not bad mods. I can see where these mods can actually turn people away from TC vaping and that's a shame.

Did one more test, this time with the Bellus (dual coil Ti) below. This makes 5 attys tested in total.

M1 TCR setting 350, 450 F vape is OK but somewhat weak. Requires TCR value of at least 360