1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Repair VW mods?

Discussion in 'Modifications and DIY' started by yvk, Feb 16, 2016.

1. yvk

yvk Thread Starter Member

The both of my mods (Egrip and Istick 50W) stopped to work at last two weeks.
    I'm going to order new from FT, but I don't want to smoke analog cigarettes 1 month when I will wait for new devices.
    Does anybody know shops or people who can check and repair my mods? Any experience?

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  2. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Ah the joys of Chinese imports ... Don't Big, Micky or tienga have anything mod wise that would tide you over ?

As for electronics repairs in land of smiles, I'd also be interested to see what other's experiences are :)

3. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

I suspect somebody in Thailand with some elctronic knowledge could earn a decent living by doing repair services for all the Chinese vaping devices.

I too have a beautiful eGo One Mega tube, only the button is stuck. I bet most fail only because of such sort of silly nonsense.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I am guessing that with the new lower prices on mods, there wouldn't be many people that would repair over replace. Especially if components are involved. While fixing a button, bad solder joint, or wire issue wouldn't be too difficult, the components needed for each board would probably be cost prohibitive on one off purchases.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  5. Scuba Vaper

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that ... Now where's that guy with the solder rework station who posted recently ?

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

@Adeeos ;)

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  7. Scuba Vaper

LOL, then I think there's two on here, this guy was asking about 510 connectors, and received help from forum members I think ... If I can find the post I'll ping him with a ps ...

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

That would be @dl12345 in this thread. ;)

Got that wrong...Adeeos has a lathe...my bad. :p

Scuba Vaper and Dieter. like this.
  9. Scuba Vaper

LOL, thanks for reminding me about the lathe, I have a plan to use that later ;)

I think someone offered to add to their own order to help Mr @dl12345 with his 510, plus he has workaround from other suggestions ... So let's see if he can help repair these mods ... Nice to see vapers helping vapers :)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

I too have this eGo One Mega tube with the exact same problem. Search around on the Internet and this is probably one of the most common failures of this device. I purchased this device from Mr. Big a couple months ago and brought it back to see if he could do anything. He did mention that he could send it out for repair for 400 baht and it would take two weeks. Seeing as he charged me 1400 baht to purchase it, I didn't want to invest another 400 baht in to a device that is well known to have this problem. I asked about warranty repair and he said it couldn't be done without the box (which I didn't keep.) As a result, I've since set up my account on fasttech which does seem to stand behind their gear and got in on that Chinese New Year discount. Now just playing the waiting game.

peter-k likes this.
  11. peter-k
    Fine

Let them repair it and 4 months later the same issue may return. That's what I thought and then I shelved it.

12. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend's eGo One Mega failed with exactly the same problem....
    **Updated**
    I chose to spend the 400 baht for repair. It's been about a month and half already...it failed two weeks after I bought it. I was told "no warranty".

13. peter-k
    Fine

Even Pbusardo falls onto the "testing" trick. It is a showroom for visitors, nothing more. They are testing nothing except those function tests which are done during production to ensure it leaves the factory functional. Afterwards . . . kiss me somewhere.

14. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this,

Siam Diesel likes this.