1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Recent Thai "Vape Ban" Story (PBusardo's website)

Discussion in 'E-News' started by pierdon, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

50k bribe and the guy is fluent in Thai ? Something does not adds up IMO.

Fluent in Thai means he knows Thailand pretty well. 50k is more than absurd, even the stupidest police man would know that this is too much to ask for such a small offense. The bribe is proportional to the "crime" for it to make sense.

I would probably use the 30min to call a friend who can recommend me a lawyer instead of paying such an amount.

Now if the guy wasn't wearing a helmet, had no license, drove with his kid in front "Thai style" at 2am in the morning in Soi 4... well maybe the policeman just took his chance.

He said there is numbers of drunk drivers getting fined next to him. That can't be 2pm on a Monday afternoon lol

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Maybe but maybe not. If they're hitting Thais for a 35k fine, 50k for a Westerner may not be out of the realm of possibility...just sayin' ;)

Proposed Thai Laws

From what I recall, the fine is 'supposed' to be 4 times the value of the illegally imported item...but TiT. :(

Konvict likes this.
  3. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Guess 4 times the value (or 8,000 baht in my case) isn't enough for them

4. dudu

dudu New Member

hello , new poster here
    **Updated**
    hello , can i bring vape to don muang airport..
    because i will holiday to bangkok im from indonesia

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

At the moment, the import/sale (and even possession) of vape gear is illegal in Thailand. See this thread for more information.

Is vaping legal in Thailand/Vaping in Thailand clarification | Thailand Vapers

Fastoche, Konvict and Rowdy like this.
  6. kevin bangkok

kevin bangkok Well-Known Member

They have to sell them somewhere,the shop will be covered by a hiso customs official or bib,
    REMEMBER that photo released of 3/4 customs men sorting out mods etc, I thought then
    new shop opening soon,mind you this was a couple of years back,been too 3/4 markets
    lately and seen a number of stalls selling Vape gear un believable.........

lordofthedread likes this.
  7. Vapezar

Vapezar New Member

Hi.
    Sooo are we allowed to bring juice into Thailand from Laos etc? Are we allowed to vape inside our apartment rooms with mods that were made after the law came about? I saw a guy with a stall outside a shopping mall ENTRANCE in Bangkok selling juice like a week ago. He says he has never been harrased by cops. Today's date 26 May 2018.

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Legally speaking, no...but I'm sure many people do.
    From all accounts, this is permitted (they can't enforce what they don't see, can they? ;)).
    ...thanks to contributions to the BiB Benevolent Fund. :D