1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help RDA for single coil

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by farangmick, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

I think maybe there is some difference in flavour but that the difference is not huge - In a blindfolded taste test I would not say that I could 100% identify which was which.

I can notice a difference between single and dual, dual for me gives more flavour. However, the difference is not extreme and not worth the extra juice and battery power. For me single coil tastes good and I can go out all day and evening without carrying a spare 18650 or charger.

2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

IGO-W would also work. A bit tight on the draw though, but it is available locally!

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  3. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help everyone. I have a few to check out now. No rush. I like the sound of the velocity decks that are ok for single coils. Then if I can make a vapable juice cheap, I might become a bit more adventurous with my building.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

With everything but Nic available relatively easily in country now, so eliminating the international shipping costs os flavourings, you could maybe make 30ml for less than 100thb without too much problem. Bottle cost of about 75B each is really a one off cost if you recycle.

5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I think you're being a little conservative with your numbers. A lot of factors come into play here. What flavorings are you using and how much are you paying? The same for PG, VG and Nicotine. I've made a guess based on the average price for quality supplies already in Thailand and found that 30 ml is costing about 175 THB based on 6 mg/ml of nicotine, 40/60 PG/VG and 15% flavoring. Most of my recipes don't use that much flavor but some do and I wanted to try and get an "average" price. 30 ml glass bottle with drippers are available at most bakery supply shops for about 20 THB. You can use lower priced and lower quality (IMO) supplies and get by cheaper. My estimate is made using high quality US flavorings, USP high quality nicotine from the US and pharmaceutical grade PG/VG from a known good supplier. YMMV

6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

happy to stand corrected. my figures were based on research from 2 years ago on outside sources and money taken off for a bit of shipping. i have never costed for in country, might have to take a look properly to see if it is worth it to start up then. thanks for the correction

7. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

The issue within country is really only related to nicotine and flavorings. They are the hardest to get a good price on. Some vendors are better than others and quantity and repeat business will always be a factor. I don't blame anyone for making money, that's what businesses do. Getting in flavors is not easy and the shipping can be quite expensive. Nicotine is even worse. Yes, you can get it in (most of the time) but shipping costs get expensive. You also expose yourself to more risk since Nicotine is a restricted item (drug?) I don't know how it's classified but from what I understand the penalties can be quite strict. Still less than 200 THB for something you know you like and know the ingredients is not a bad deal.

8. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I believe it is classed as a poison in most countries, and so probably here as well, as it was a popular pesticide in tines gone by. It may still be used for all I know.

Must admit I was wondering how hard flavourings are to get in now as I have a mild sensitivity to PG and was thinking about trying to get in some BG based flavourings. I know they are available and something for me to consider. I realised as well I was costing on pure nic from China as well, which cuts costs a lot too.

9. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Nicotine from China is up to you. I don't trust it myself, but that doesn't mean anything to anyone but me. I always get USP nicotine from a very reputable source in the US. If you have PG sensitivity, you can get VG based nicotine as well or make your own with 99.9% nicotine. VG based flavorings are few and far between. You will not have a large choice of flavorings for your recipes. I'm fairly confident no one in Thailand will have them and they will have to come from the US. They are generally a good bit more expensive as well. Also remember that PG is the flavor carrier, so the higher the VG, the higher your flavor percentages will be. That will add to the cost as well.

10. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

For those who still might be interested in a single coil RDTA for low wattage MTL, here is an intro of the SXK Corolla V1.5:

He's a bit sloppy but we get the picture.

Siam Diesel likes this.