1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Quality wire vendor - The Mesh Company

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by dl12345, Mar 3, 2016.

1. dl12345

dl12345 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Another observation: I find that the SS304 coils seems to be very robust. After vaping a tank of SS316, the coils tend to get blackened easily, and the gunk adheres quite stubbornly. I'm resistant to dry burning my SS coils and would rather make a new coil than dry burn it. I'm ok to burn them on temperature limited mode at 315 celsius and then scrub them gently with a toothbrush, but this doesn't always dislodge the crud.

Invariably, the SS316 coils tend to get a slightly discoloured and pitted look to them, losing their shininess.

On the other hand, the SS304 coils seem to retain their shininess after use and the gunk dislodges easily with a toothbrush. I don't even need to heat them on TC mode. My SS304 coils can be used multiple times, while I find myself replacing the S316 coils much more frequently.

The SS430 coils are somewhere in-between the two.

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Tried the SS430 and, like at least two other people in different forums reported, this company's wire is not behaving as SS430 should (with current combination of build and atty). Have tested it in one atty (Aromamizer RDTA which I find is a very solid performer for TC vaping) and on both a DNA200 and a Cuboid.

Note, this same Aromamizer previously had a 316L build and together with the DNA200 at least, it was flawless. Same with Ti1 builds.

DNA200 - SS430 curve profile from Steam Engine had a very weak vape. Not surprisingly, a custom, linear TCR using default SS430 value of .00138 was basically the same. Needed to increase the custom linear TCR of approximately .00162 for the wire to perform.

Cuboid - Default TCR value for SS430 was very weak. Requires value of approximately 0160 (cuboid format) to perform. Basically, very similar to DNA200 adjustment.​

These values are higher than even SS410 default values (!) so I am quite suspicious. I will have to try another build to be more sure.

How's the vape when dialed-in? Very nice indeed but, like SS316L, nothing like a big step up over the Ti1 I have here. This and 316L easier to work with than my Ti1 and Ni200 so that's a plus.

peter-k likes this.
  3. dl12345

dl12345 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I noticed on my evic that I needed to up the TCR setting a bit for SS430. I put it on 150 and still need to vape about 15 degrees higher than SS316. I just got my DNA 200 today so I will try out a coil of 430 on my DNA 200 and see what results I get.

Scratchy likes this.
  4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Look forward to hearing what you find. BTW, my target temp for testing was 470 F and based on what I know that temp to normally be like.

5. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

I don't attempt anymore to get my SS316L coils shiny. I clean-burn them at 7 W briefly, dip into cold water. What remains is a brownish discoloured wire with no particules sticking to it. I haven't seen any negative impact on the coil or on the vaping. I even like the older coil because they got some more robustness.