1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. CumulusMaxim

CumulusMaxim Member

My mech mod got noticed in the airport scanner on a flight from udon to bkk when I was too rushed to take it all apart.
    Luckily the guy was cool about it and said something like OK not bomb before giving me the stink eye and shooing me away.
    I still take my mech with me on business trips quite often but now completely disassembled and hidden amongst things like camera equipment and wash bag. No further problems.
    Bringing in to Thailand it's very unlikely to be noticed if split up.
    I wish Thailand would treat their people as adults where vaping is concerned. The smoking related deaths must be enormous here and so many young people smoking who could be healthier vaping.

2. tommyr23

tommyr23 Well-Known Member

I'm a little worried as flying Chiang Mai to Udon in a few days in order to go over to Laos and stupidly sold my eVic mini when I quit vaping earlier on in the year which would of been easier to stick in my check in luggage with batteries in my carry on. The quitting didn't last long, went back on the cigs for a bit and eventually back to vaping only.

Now I only have my iStick 30W to take with me and worried it will get noticed at the airport. I know there's a vape shop in Vientiane so its tempting to leave things at home and buy once i'm over the boarder but money is tight and don't think the shop has a great selection. Do you think the worst that can happen is confiscation? I know that question is a bit meaningless as this is Thailand and anything can happen but would put my mind at rest a little to know other people's opinion.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yes...as far as we’ve heard, the security folks are only interested in making sure that anything that is carried on the plane is safe. You’ll have to run the gauntlet on the way back...slip it into your pocket before you go through the Green channel.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

CumulusMaxim, jpr and Konvict like this.
  4. tommyr23

tommyr23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply SD, put my worried little noggin at ease a bit :)

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  5. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Here's the update of the Swiss Guys case:
    "UPDATE (13.10.2017)
    The affected friend is now back in Switzerland. In the end, he had to pay a fine and could travel home.
    We would like to point out that there is a risk to bring your own vape device to Thailand. This is considered as an import of e-cigarettes, which is absolutely prohibited in Thailand - even with a personal device. A prison stay in Thailand is inhumane and not easy to take. So we stay with our recommendation: When traveling to Thailand do not take your vape device / your e-cigarette with you!"
    Source:
    Facebook

So all in all: 6 days prison - for over 2 months forced to stay in LOS - payed a fine...not to forget all other expenses he had, for staying in a hotel for 2 months, perhaps a lawyer for himself, cancelling flight, booking another flight

This is not worth the risk... even if out of 100 stories with good experience only one such thing happens...

6. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Risk of dying from cigarettes or risk of prison? Tough choice but my decision is made.

farangmick, Sue, Jazz2017 and 2 others like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

That's up to each person to decide. Personally, I'll take those odds...not going back on the stinkies and not giving up my flavors. :)

8. CumulusMaxim

CumulusMaxim Member

If you take it with, do try to hide the battery part with some other electrical type equipment.
    Don't have anything with a coil attached to said battery haha.

9. BKBound

BKBound Member

What do you guys think about bringing my nautilus mini with a pack of coils through Suvarnabhumi? No mod/battery or juice, just the atomizer and coils. I'm only traveling with carry on, so it will be in among my toiletries.
    Is it technically prohibited to bring these in to Thailand with me?

CumulusMaxim likes this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

It is absolutely prohibited at the present time...but everyone does it anyway, and as long as you have the stomach for a bit of smuggling, you should be fine.

Be very careful if you decide to vape in public...there are several stories in this thread of what happens if you get caught...like this one...
    Proposed Thai Laws

And this one...
    **UPDATED** - Public Vaping Is NOT Legal (Fined for Possessing Vape Gear) | Thailand Vapers

CumulusMaxim, jpr and Konvict like this.
  11. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I am sure a lot of vapers bring a lot more than that so I am sure you won't have any problems with it.

Fastoche, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

So I was out with the family today in the truck, I notice a huge check point on the other side of the road just out of town, so I made note to avoid this on the way back, anyway a few hours later I'm heading back into town when I suddenly realised I'd forgotten about the check point, boll**ks sprang to mind as I just managed to stash one mod in the door and threw a rag over it, he was there pulling me in, window down big smile' hello, hello I said' ok you can go. Sweet I thought to myself, then not 10 meters on another one waved me in to park, license please, sure no problem,, out come the good old British licence, how long you lived here he said, errrr 18 years I said ok no problem' sweet. Can I look in your bag,,, WTF 18 years I've never been asked for this errr ok, get out he said so you can watch me, another swear word sprang to mind because in my bag was my 2nd mod and 2 bottles of juice, juice in one compartment mod in another, so he opens first compartment and pulls out the 2 bottles and places them on the bonnet of the truck, buri fai far he said huuurgh. I blanked the question, then opens next compartment pulls my mod out looks what else is in my bag chucks it all back in there and says, ok you can go, ,,, now this is a big check point blocking off the whole phetkasem road, they was pulling everything clearly wanting to make some tea money, and although this town has been slack on vaping for a long time, they ain't much anymore, I heard of a few people being stopped and fined, all Thais mind you, but this guy just packed up my bag and let me go, So I got to say they ain't all bad but be careful guys,,

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

13. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Wow @skeeters you have an angel on your shoulder.:pirate: (Couldn't find one with an angel!:rolling laugh:)

jpr, Rick O-Shea, skeeters and 2 others like this.
  14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

But the millions of polystyrene discs floated out every Loy Krathong are OK. Because it is an ancient cultural ceremony dating all the way back to the 19th century.

15. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Back to the 19th century, that's the idea of 4.0 stuff no ? Or maybe I didn't get it right.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.