1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

fear the same, I vape in the car, I try to do on main roads.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

When I go into town, I either leave the mods at home or take a cheap Aio for an occasional stealth hit. Most of the time, it's in my pants pocket or one of the many cubby holes in the car.

The real solution is to move to a more hospitable climate for vapers...on my agenda when I retire. YMMV
    :vaping: :vaping:

jpr, debatedude, Konvict and 3 others like this.
  3. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

Where did your friend, who Was fined 25K get caught? Pattaya?

4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I think you are absolutely right.

This country is not the one we all dreamed of! Getting extorted for 20,000 - 25,000 Baht will only drive more of us away.

It starts to look like that I also will not stay in Thailand forever! Too many things here that are driving us out of paradise.

Nowhereman, jpr, Fastoche and 3 others like this.
  5. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

jpr, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  6. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

I'd be willing to contribute to a fund for someone to execute a sting operation to get all of this wholesale extortion on camera to be made public in the widest form possible.

debatedude, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I would, too...but even if we did, you don't think that it would change anything, do you...TiT? :D

Nowhereman, judas, debatedude and 2 others like this.
  8. fillmcavity
    Angelic

Maybe not but if we can make some self-proclaimed defender of the peace lose face in a big way, others of his ilk may think twice about harassing those of us trying to improve our health.

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    OPTIMIST!! The "donations" for vaporizers & the like are about 4x that for meth/speed/ya ba. They'll never stop...it's too lucrative IMHO...YMMV o_O

Nowhereman, Konvict, jpr and 2 others like this.
  10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Think I'll just stick to vaping indoors :).

Although I don't like it, I can't say I've been overly affected by this 'ban'.

11. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Me neither, mostly because I am not in a touristic area and because I make my own juice / coils. Thus said having the shadow of the BiB over your head for choosing an healthier alternative pisses me off.

Fastoche, Nowhereman, Konvict and 5 others like this.
  12. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I vape now home, at friend's home or places I feel really safe.
    so do I: affected no, this ban make me come back the "flavor dripper pleasure" (but make me thinking about this 21 century prohibition? some will never learn)

13. fillmcavity
    Angelic

That's ME!

Neither have I keeping a low profile and such. And as I've said before, in the places where I move around people don't give a damn whether you smoke or vape as long as it doesn't bother them too much.

It just pisses me off the way in which these guys take advantage to make a quick buck and rips off the foreigner because they know the foreigner won't (can't) make trouble. Don't get me wrong. It's not only a Thai thing. I've lived in enough other countries to see the exact same thing happen in a number if different situations not vaping related.

The vaping ban is draconian but I can live with it. I'm not about to move to another country because of it. But for heavens' sake - STOP THE CORRUPTION!!! Yes, yes I know....

14. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

My condolences to V For Vendetta, that really is a major pain in the butt.
    I left LOS last year, and unlike my teenage daughter couldn't care less if I don't return- I've spent many years in other Asian countries and don't see the same level of harassment in any of them-- at least, not for vaping.
    Here, in UK, we had worries about the EU inflicted TPD but that passed with little problems other than there's now a maximum limit on E Liquids of 20mg, and new tanks have to be maximum 2 ml. Neither of these affect me, since I mix my own and own a ridiculous amount of mods and tanks.
    There's zero paranoia associated with Vaping in Public.
    I'm very surprised that Thai Vapers are putting up with 20k Baht fines ( yes, I know that they aren't, but that's my point)
    To those of you considering leaving, all I can say is 'Go for it', there's better places out there.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

15. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Siam Diesel and Chili Pepper like this.