1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

On the same note if I have Marmite and I get arrested they can seize my sh*t all they want :p

Siam Diesel and Chili Pepper like this.
  2. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I'm sad that your mum never called you in from street football to eat your tea of marmite and cheese sandwiches. Or maybe I'm just sad? Wife and kids hate it. LOL

Siam Diesel and Chili Pepper like this.
  3. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Well-Known Member

I would have ended up running away from home had she done so .....now cheese and Branston pickle would be different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

IMO just a question of VAT.
    if the government got a percent on each so sweet 10ml bottle of liquid or booster sell inside the country, a comfortable luxury product tax on every gear arriving and an income tax for every shop, it'll smooth and smile.
    (whatever the bad boys ordering nicotine from Poland (China, etc...) and DI them-self, ordering gears from abroad.. it's will be just peanuts: a small acceptable pro cent.)

5. imthebear

imthebear New Member

is it a risk (beyond that of confiscation) to import some ejuice? I would like to order some, if customs seizes it its not an issue, but I would not want to risk any legal issues over it

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

No idea...heretofore, if it was stopped by Customs, the package never arrived. ;)

Konvict, jpr and debatedude like this.
  7. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    That's a question which is in my head at the moment. I really (repeat it 10 times) want that new squape Emotion and found a Chinese supplier that can send me in LOS a very good clone. BUT I won't take the risk to face legal issues. Until now I got 2 packages seized by customs and I didn't have any other problems than losing my gear and a couple of $. As the at the moment there is a kind of ****ing war on vape in LOS, I decided not to take the risk. Still very jealous when I see all the Germans customers posting good reviews and so happy when they receive "my precious".
    That's my personal view/choice.

8. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Just a quick recap on my experience leaving LOS end of last week- apart from having to open my cabin baggage, remove various items, show them a PowerBank, let them put the bag back through the X-RAY machine twice, finally I was allowed to proceed.
    I had 4 X 18650 batteries in plastic boxes, 1 X large Power Bank, 2 spare mobile phone batteries, 1 X iStick 50watt, 3 X Mobile phones, 1 X Laptop, 1 X Nautilus-X tank, and 1 x 20ml bottle of juice.
    So, apart from keeping my daughter waiting while they messed up my Luggage, no real problem.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    As was recommended, my Mods which could have the batteries removed, plus other tanks and juice and coils, were all in the Check baggage.

judas, Dan Swanson, Fastoche and 3 others like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Thanks for the update, mate...glad it all worked out & you're back in a vape-friendly country! :)

10. haybilly
    Paranoid

You can't imagine the relief!!
    No, seriously, it's a real shame having to feel somewhat paranoid doing something that is so much better for us-- the so-called 'Powers That Be', would be perfectly happy for all us vapers to go back to buying packets of 'L&M Daeng', at 7/11. Thus clogging up their Health system with smoking related illnesses.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Just to let everyone know...one of our members visiting from the UK got nailed in Pattaya...his contribution to the BiB Benevolent Fund was Bt 20k...but he got to keep the mod. I believe he'll drop by at some point & fill us in further.

Be careful if you're planning on vaping in public...they're sharing the 'reward' with the one who turns in the offending vaper! :(
    :vaping: :vaping:

Dan Swanson, debatedude, jpr and 3 others like this.
  12. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Best money maker to date for BiB and snitch.

No need for them to do anything else anymore!

Dan Swanson, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

Despicable behaviour, but unfortunately very typical- I mean, that's what joining the Police is all about, after all.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

14. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

Hi guys. Unfortunately as @Siam Diesel has mentioned previously I was stopped on the road in Pattaya after taking a discreet drag off my vapedroid with nextgen set up at 17W pure MTL vape and kept the vapor in but as I put the mod into my pocket before I even exhaled I felt someone forcefully grab my arm and shoulder and rip the mod off my hands screaming at me was a police officer in civilian wear and with him a motorbike taxi who probably was the idiot that pointed me out to him from accross the street.

I was taken to the police station even though I told him I knew he was after money and would pay he said too many eyes around and to do it in the station.

I was told that although ecigs are allowed where I am from that they have been illegal for 4 years in the LOS and although it has previously been tolerated there was none of that anymore and that I could end up with anything from 6 months go 5 years for posession of an electronic cigarette lol. Classified as drugs paraphenalia.

I told him to just end the story and tell me how much he wanted so he quoted 30K I said that was way too much and I could give him 10K but he then started writting the report so i said if its 30K then to just go ahead and book me as I didn't have that sort of money but then we compromised at 20K and I left to go to my condo to get the cash with his motorbike taxi mate but he called me back to the station and gave me my device and took a photo on his phone with me holding it and gave it back saying to me first and last warning and to keep the mod and atty ( Probably passed my photo around to all his mates to catch me again). I actually saw him yesterday and he was looking at me the sneaky ******.

Anyway back to that horrible day I then went to my condo with his mortobike taxi mate and paid him and all was done.

I was vaping in BKK everywhere but discreetly and for about 5 days in Pattaya too but not openly but my stupid 1 moment of absent mindedness cost me 470 pounds and if the mod and atty had been taken that would have been a further 300 pound loss.

I have had another friend get caught yesterday and he paid 25K.

This is making them a lot of money and I think they are now salivating at catching vapers due to the income it generates for them.

Sad I got away with intl flights into the country and 3 domestic flights but got nabbed in such a silly way.

Mai bpen rai I wont let them spoil my holidays but that is a lot if money they grabbed off me nearly the cost of my 2 weeks hotel stay.

Sad they are taking this line and spoiling my favourite holiday destination.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  15. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Thank you for this report.
    Its something I fear as I vape a lot while driving in the car.
    Mrs Rowdy wants me to leave it at home when I go out.
    So what to do? Go back to the stinkies, or move to another country?

Cheers
    Rowdy.

Fastoche, Konvict, jpr and 1 other person like this.