1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Gents, the guidance for leaving hasn't changed. LoTD has it spot on.

And I still highly recommend plastic wrapping your checked luggage if you put any gear in there. There's a recent report on our chat of a mod going missing from checked luggage between Oz & Phuket by way of SG.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Will you visit me in 'The Hilton'??

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    On a more serious note, how does that tie in with the case I mentioned-- surely if he's been shown to be breaking 'a' law, why aren't we all??
    I will take the advice from both of you and leave in the same way I always do.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Airport security does not work for TH Customs or the BiB (not yet anyway). They are tasked with making sure that whatever is being taken on the plane is safe for carriage.

The Swiss guy got nabbed while vaping in public. Since there are (still) no laws against possession & use, he's being brought up on "illegal importation" charges. I understand that when he was questioned, he (truthfully) told them that he had brought the mod with him (oops...case made) instead of having purchased it here.

Only 1 real option if you take it with you...put it in your carry-on luggage. The x-ray scanners at Swampy can see Li-Ion batts...YMMV.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict, jpr and Chili Pepper like this.
  4. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Well-Known Member

Presuming one was caught....would a good alternative defense be to say I brought it with me in 20xx. I.e before the "law" was applied? That being said I understand this is not a "new" law...more the BiB digging up an old law, twisting it and using it against members of the public in order to get their tea money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

The BiB does not make that for Tea money, I believe they are under pressure from the government aka the tobacco monpoly.

Saying that you got your mod "before" the law was applied will not get you anywhere since the law is more ancient than any device you can have.

Just avoid vaping in front of the BiB and in public places and you will be fine IMHO.

The big problem will be to get devices in sooner than later, many online resellers don't even offer shipping to Thailand anymore and if you package gets nabbed you might risk more than just get it confiscated like it was the case a year ago or so.

Let's see how that does evolve but my guess is it won't change anytime soon especially with the military junta on the wheel.

Better get prepared and stock on rebuildables and mixing supplies if you plan to stay in LOS.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

They lump it in with "don't litter in Thailand", which from experience is part of the culture. Look for any remote beauty spot, and the path is clearly marked with crisp packets and empty water bottles.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

If I get caught I'll say I bought it from a policeman in a bar.

8. farangmick
    Worried

I have always been
    My opinion has now changed. A few times I have been in a coffee shop or restaurant and wandered out for a vape in the last few days. The owner/manager has warned me to go round the back. It has been so much on the Junta controlled news, that even Thais who'd never heard of vaping now know about it here in the sticks.

9. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

2 of my main suppliers have been taken down very recently. Sadly I think more and more of them will go down soon.
    Others are running out of stock because of customs.
    Starting to wonder how I will be able to get some good juice.:no trust:

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Snap!
    Real shame!
    :sad:

Fastoche and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

If they were as vigorous enforcing some of the laws that would make this place safer...oh, wait...that wouldn't make any cent$, would it? ;)

12. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

feel like you about the atmosphere this time.
    but I don't worry about concentrate:
    - Some members are pretty good.
    - it's possible to order concentrate of some "well know" juices (or a cloned version really near of the original) from abroad.
    Concentrate are legal until now and at home You just have to do as you like.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Just on the subject of juice-- one of the remaining vendors on this site (VV)managed to help me out, in short notice, so they are still Ok.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

14. farangmick
    Worried

Anyone else sick of being told by non vapers that they will be going down for ten years if caught? Obviously the BiB aren't responsible for enacting the law, and nobody will get a custodial sentence for vaping, but it's a great tool for extracting an extra X thousand baht from tourists for a VIP Get out of Jail Free card.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  15. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    A few days ago Vv told me they were nearly out of stock of the mbv I like because of customs issues. That does not smell so good.