1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Lee

Lee New Member

Anyone know what the outcome of the Facebook thing, channel 9 q&a was on the 2nd?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Konvict, Siam Diesel and Chili Pepper like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

There's a video on FB but it's all in Thai...mine isn't good enough for translation purposes.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Jazz2017, Konvict and ThaiGermanSamui like this.
  3. ThaiGermanSamui

ThaiGermanSamui Well-Known Member

deposit is payed and he is free for now but soon he will have court case :don't like: terrible !

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

I hope the world media is in attendance at his trial...

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The word is getting out...of course, we know that 10 years is a bit of an exaggeration. ;)
    And the comments are interesting, too.

Thai ban on e-cigarettes could lead to ’10-year jail term’

Agents are being urged to warn customers about a Thai law that prohibits e-cigarettes being brought into the country.

Pat Waterton, manager at Langley Travel, said she was unaware of the ban until her nephew, James, paid a £125 ‘fine’ after being threatened with jail for having an e-cig in Bangkok.

Advice on the Foreign Office website includes a paragraph stating: “These items are likely to be confiscated and you could be fined or sent to prison for up to 10 years if convicted.”

Waterton said: “I got a message from my sister saying James had been arrested in Thailand because he had an e-cigarette. He managed to pay the policeman, who had told him he could go to jail. Ten years seems a long time to go to prison for smoking an e-cigarette.”

A spokesman for the Tourism Authority of Thailand reiterated the UK government’s advice, warning tourists not to bring e-cigarettes into the country.

Waterton said: “If I’m selling Thailand I will definitely mention it now. All agents should. Thailand is very popular so we should make sure we are telling people about things that could ruin a holiday.”

Aspen Travel sales consultant Yvonne Montgomery said: “I would probably mention it now. The last thing we want is our customers getting locked up.”

Premier Holidays managing director Susan Papworth said: “Thailand is a big destination for us and since the law has come into force about e-cigarettes we are incorporating the country’s customs and immigration information into all our customers’ itineraries.

“We haven’t seen any impact on bookings, but strongly advise that all agents pass on this advice to their customers.”

farangmick, Sue, Rowdy and 3 others like this.
  6. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

7. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Be a good idea if the australian embassy put it on their web page as well

debatedude, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Sadly I don't think that will change anytime soon, the tobaco monopoly is strong and they sure don't want anyone switching from coffin nails to vaping.

From the time I started vaping I only see laws getting stricter every year ...

Seeing 2 of out trusted vendors (3 if you count Thailandvape) disapearing shows only how bad it is getting.

It is plain stupid to be treated worse than drug users for making an healthier choice but I don't see how this will improve in LOS sadly...

farangmick, jpr, Sue and 4 others like this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

So, the general consensus is that, when flying out of Thailand ALL vaping devices go in the 'Checked' or 'Hold' baggage, but any batteries (18650,I mean mainly, although I reckon all batteries) have to go in the Cabin Baggage-- am I correct?? Sorry, if this has already been talked about, but I hadn't been on this site much lately.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    Edit-- what about Mods with integral batteries, like the IStick, this will have to go in Cabin Baggage? ( I knew I'd forgotten something recently-- I bought one of those flashlight attachments from one of the TV members last year, and stupidly left it back in UK!! Doh!

I suppose I have 3 options, regarding the iStick- break the rules, badly, and put it in the 'Checked' bag ( not a good plan), take a big risk and put it in the 'Cabin' bag, or lastly, leave it here.

10. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

From what I understand your vaping gear can go in the cabin luggage unless you are carrying more than 100ml liquid in a single bottle. Batteries must be removed from the devices and using them on the plane is forbidden of course.

I might be wrong tho...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. haybilly
    Paranoid

Thanks, LOTD, that was the advice before-- but, since we are all now, technically, breaking some dumb new law, it may not be the best idea??

12. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

From what I understand air police in Thailand don't give a damn if you get out of the country with vape gear, it might be different when you land tho.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

I do hope that what you say is correct-- I'll give it a go.

14. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

Last time I flight to BKK (1 year ago) I had all in my cabin luggage in spare parts and they didd not even noticed it.

15. haybilly
    Paranoid

One year is a long time with this government.
    I flew in a couple of weeks back with a couple of tanks and Atomisers, 4x18650 batteries, and the 50 Watt iStick, in my Cabin baggage-- but, having just read about that unfortunate Swiss guy ( with his Squape) I wonder if I just had a lucky break??

It's never a problem if they don't see it, but on the offchance that they do.....??

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.