1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    :very good:

jpr, Konvict and debatedude like this.
  2. Lee

Lee New Member

Flying into BKK tomorrow, purchased 2 stealth vapes, limitless pulse or something they called. Was scared stiff if they found my normal tube battery and atomizer. The one i purchased looks like a long usb stick. Hopefully this will be ok.
    Also got wife banging on about not taking anything, told her i will be on the sticks within mins of getting out the airport, ensue argument lol

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Put them in your pocket when you arrive here...go through the green channel and you'll be fine.

debatedude and Konvict like this.
  4. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Flying in to BKK isn't the problem... it's flying out

Konvict likes this.
  5. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Yup... that looks like the post I saw.

Facebook

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  6. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I really hope something positive will come out of this topic on the news.

If I read here that some members already left Thailand, some are thinking about to leave the country and some vaping tourists say they will rather go to another country that is vape friendly, something has to change!

They can never stop people vaping! The more it is in the media by Thai vapers the better it is for our vaping future, so I support them!

Jazz2017, farangmick, Dieter. and 5 others like this.
  7. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I understand that many single members, in rented condos, can leave at a moments notice. With three children, it's not an option for me. Vaping probably saved my left foot. I'm fanatically in favour of it. But if I had to make a choice, family over vaping, and go cold turkey.
    Going on again SD. But I've just had a delivery of cider. Years since I had it!

Jazz2017, chris snell, jpr and 5 others like this.
  8. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Where did I put the lipstick?? :peep:

9. Konvict
    Relaxed

It looks like it uses Nautilus coils.

Siam Diesel, moonoy93 and debatedude like this.
  10. Konvict
    Relaxed

I wish they did, but they don't.

The coils in there are tiny.

There are some videos on YouTube where they take them apart and put a new coil in.

11. debatedude
    No Mood

Y'all don't forget to wear your prettiest skirt while vaping your lipstick

farangmick, moonoy93, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  12. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

6 days in jail for vaping in the street (?!?)
    Hi,
    Just got this story from a Chinese supplier FB's page. It seems to be a warning coming from Stattqualm.
    "Dear Jieyan Qiu,
    I think I need to post this here:

***WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING***
    [EN]
    Dear vape community
    In the following letter we would like to inform the community about a matter of great importance. We are deeply affected and personally involved in the incident, but renounce mentioning any names out of respect for relatives and family members. Nevertheless we are forced to warn the community:
    On July 26, 2017, a close friend of StattQualm was arrested in the streets of Thailand because he used an e-cigarette. To pre-empt any doubts: The police, the Swiss Embassy, and other affected agencies were informed that our friend had not been otherwise illegally involved. Apparently and state of affairs his offense was the use of an e-cigarette in the public, more specifically, he is accused of importing e-cigarettes. This is at least the official charge.
    We are aware that some countries have difficulty dealing with e-cigarettes. In Thailand, the situation seems relatively unclear and arbitrary. Apparently even in Thailand itself exists a lively, official market for e-cigarettes and the image of vaping people is no longer special in Thailand - although vaping is officially illegal in Thailand. Well, quite obviously a police officer on that date decided that vaping was "extra" illegal today. He was arrested, led away, and sat six days in jail - completely cut off from the environment, without real contact and under degrading and humiliating conditions.
    Of course, embassies, relatives, friends, and also we did everything possible to get him out of prison as quickly as possible, but this has been proved incredibly difficult. In the meantime the deposit could be made. Our friend was able to leave the prison yesterday and is now waiting for the effective trial. A judgment could be an immediate deportation to up to 5 years imprisonment. We now hope that our friend will be able to leave the situation undamaged, to leave Thailand as soon as possible and to go home.
    In this way we want to warn the community: If anyone of you plans to visit Thailand, please leave your vape gears at home! That's no joke. Our friend has to serve as a precedent, that no one has seen coming. No matter what you read on the net, do not take the risk. Please take care of yourself.
    You are more than welcome to share this letter.
    Team StattQualm"

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    farangmick, moonoy93, jorakae and 6 others like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yep, it's making the rounds on FB. Bet he pitched a right fit to get thrown in jail for 6 days!

Sent from my P3 Ti...

14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

A few days ago my, wife pointed out an item on the news about the Good General prohibiting all vaping in Thailand, full stop. A kind of Singapore-lite. Worth remembering if I go to Bangkok, but in the real Thailand it's still only helmets, seat belts and card schools at funerals.

jpr, Fastoche, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  15. debatedude
    No Mood

As long as I can get my gear out of here, he can say what he wants.