1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

2. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Good advice in this video...

Didnt know, that also the Wismec RX300 ,Predator and eVic Primo
    have a RC adaptor, converting the mod into a powerbank..

Hmmm...........

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Jazz2017 and Konvict like this.
  3. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

I think you are right.

4. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Unsure where to post this, so I figured I'd pop it over here...

I did a bit of searching here and elsewhere, but so far it seems like Udon seems to be a relatively "safe" place for vapers... in the sense that there doesn't seem to be any news of authorities actively looking out for us. I've been a couple of times, and the airport security (both in and out) don't really seem to be bothered with much. That said, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Both times I was in Udon I mostly vaped in private (apartment, hotel, etc.) but on occasion when walking around and there was nobody around that I could see, I'd whip out my vape and take a quick drag before popping it back in my pocket.

Anyone else staying in or spends a lot of time in Udon have any comments? I'm heading over tomorrow for a month.

5. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Just be very careful. The police will see it as a way to make money.

Remember Its all about the money in Thailand.

Rowdy.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

7. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Just as a little follow up to my concern over vaping in Udon...

I've seen a few people vaping here, I wouldn't say walking around chucking clouds, but relatively "normal" in the sense that they would vape the same way a civic conscious smoker would smoke. You wouldn't see them puffing in a crowded area, indoors, etc. They'd be outdoors, out of the way, not hiding, but just trying not to be in the way of people. Mix of foreigners and locals.

Then a couple of days ago, I went to this place called Bar'ista. First time I'd been there - just decided to see what the food was like (tip: it wasn't great). As I was eating, I saw a cloud out of the corner of my eye... later, I caught the smell along with another cloud... and I spotted a local vaper, vaping openly, looked like an RDA on a mech, in a relatively crowded bar/eatery (outdoor - and there were also normal smokers around). As I left the place, I noticed at least another 4 or 5 vapers with varying devices... all vaping openly, mods on the table.

Given the stories we're hearing from the rest of the country, I think Udon is a relative safe haven for us... at least for now. I'm going to continue to vape safe (out of sight, in private, etc.), but seeing so many vapers in Udon is definitely a welcome sight for me.

8. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I've found the same down here in the South where I live. Seen and met many Thai vapers vaping openly in bars and outdoor restaurants. Non are concerned about vaping but a couple I know who trade in vape gear are very careful indeed on how they go about their business. Also seen a few chaps who I know are cops vaping, including a very senior one.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

I won't encourage anyone vaping at the public. Who knows it is a good or bad day especially you're farang.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I won't either, at least in Pattaya & Bangkok...BiB are looking for tea money and I'm not going to help them out! :D

11. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Hi all i told the girl no vape outside her room ,to that she said my friend vapes at work he knows where to get them from .This is concerning whether to roll the dice and bring my own or just go to stinkies for a month i dont really want to but with all the crap im reading i certainly dont 1 want to give my hard earned away or 2 end up in the slot .

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Roll the dice...smuggling is a time-honored profession. :D

I just got back yesterday from a trip to Singapore...took stuff with me and it made it back safely. YMMV

13. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

what was it like going through the swamp ie inspections ect

14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Green line is just like always...came through with a group of people (I don't use a cart...my luggage has good wheels), stayed to the outside, didn't make eye contact and just breezed right through like always. They only do random scans of people coming through...you'll be fine. ;)

I don't know about you...but going back on the stinkies would not be an option for me. I'd stop vaping before I did that. I brought my gear to SG so that should tell you something (and they're much worse than here on vaping).

Konvict, chris snell and debatedude like this.
  15. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Dude, the amount I bring in and out of Thailand (value-wise) is huge. I was not bothered at all when I entered Thailand with three mechs, two chargers, 18 batteries, and 500 ml of juice. It's all in how you pack it.
    The risk is half the fun!
    For me, it was easy. I came in at midnight and had no problems. I do what @Siam Diesel does. I have followed his advice for years and it has never lead me astray.