1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Something I cannot get... this new law is against ecig or duty evasion? Most of us have bought the vaping gears here, directly in Thailand from local vendors, so how the police may charge us for duty evasion? Also, is it advisable to claim that the gears were bought locally in case of arrest?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The gear has been illegally imported...and no duty has been paid (not that it's possible to pay any duty). TiT ;)

I don't think it matters...unless you want to name the supplier. Probably best just to pay the fine (& try to negotiate to keep the gear).

Konvict and Chili Pepper like this.
  3. ozadr1an

ozadr1an Member

Indeed.. but also if only things like Thai Tobacco Monopoly were not State Enterprises :(

This says a lot right here:
    Capture.JPG
    **Updated**
    Yeah, the thing is, that there is no actual legislation against ecigs. The enforcement is based on Customs Law that says there was no Duty collected because it doesnt have a HSS code here in Thailand. And their importation is listed in the updated tobacco laws last year. But nothing about their use.

The BiB then have decided to interpret this as the basis for confiscating/fining ecig gear. Which is curious unto itself because its a Customs law, not a Crimes Act law..

Basically.. one could be free to assume its about the Tea Money...

Because applying the same logic.. I never paid duty on the clothes I wore or the mobile phone I also imported into the country at the same time... but as I've already observed.. Thailand/Logic.. meh...

Tibo, jorakae, farangmick and 4 others like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

A bit disingenuous..."leader in the tobacco industry that generates income for the State"..."while upholding social responsibilities".

How do you uphold social responsibilities when your only product is known to kill people?

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

:very good:
    Bingo!

farangmick, Konvict, AI-NAAM and 3 others like this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

99% of the time this thread is irrelevant to me out in the sticks. Vape when and where I like, but with the same consideration I gave to non smokers when I was on a lot of stinkies.
    But I do get down to Bangkok from time to time, and without all this info, I'd be as gullible as a first time tourist to LoS.

ozadr1an and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. ozadr1an

ozadr1an Member

Yup.. true of virtually every law in LoS... no helmet.. no plates.. no greenbook... no midnight cut off...
    Besides being stuck up country... being up country has it's advantages 5555

farangmick, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

By satisfying one's addiction, of course ! ^^

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

Any news of tourists being done for vaping in Pattaya lately?
    I'm visiting there in a week or so, so was just wondering if it's gone a bit quiet?

10. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I haven't heard of any but on my last trip down there I was warned by some of the bars to make sure I hid it if the police come in. Previously when I checked if ok to vape, as I always did, it was never any problem. The mama sangs in the bars and clubs tend to have a good feel for what;s going on I think.

Konvict likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

From last month...draw your own conclusions. Be discrete if vaping in public!

Longtail1 and Konvict like this.
  12. ninja899

Thanks chaps.

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

14. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Have to get me one of these....:peep:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. ninja899

Well....I just got back from 2 weeks in Pattaya and a night in Bangkok. I vaped everywhere relatively discretely. I saw quite a lot of Thais openly vaping wherever they wanted, they seem to love sub ohming, blowing great plooms with not a care in the world.
    On Sukhmvit road near Nana the was a fairly large stall on the street selling vaping equipment and juice. There were lots of cops around there too but It didn't bother the seller.
    I vaped in all the bars and clubs where smoking was allowed and no one said anything or gave me a second glance.
    At the airport on the way home I got my bag searched at security, they saw some of my vape stuff but just ignored it. I'd inadvertently forgotten a bottle of water in my rucksack.

It's all a bit confusing really. When I went in november I knew nothing about all of this crackdown and carried on as normal. I've done the same on my last 2 trips since then, albeit more discretely.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Siam Diesel, Nakhonsisean and Konvict like this.