1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

I quite agree.

2. McKloud

McKloud More Vape, Less cigs

Wanted to share. Just saw this on facebook. 1 million baht worth of gear in Chang Mai confiscated. Not sure what is worse, the bust or the fact the police say that vaping is 10 times worse than smoking cigarettes. My Thai isn't great but still :surprised:

Comments

3. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

An abbreviated translation. "The Songkran tea fund is now sorted. Thailand Elite card holders interested in any of our products, please visit our website."

4. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    Just back from the sea yesterday after a long time passed far away from any land including Thailand, and I see now that the things are going worst... was hoping that the new law could come out during my long stay at sea, it is not the case... no way to quit nicotine, should buy a packet of cigarettes in the coming hours for smoking everytimes I go out
    Anyway, signed off in UAE, the customs took 2 of my mods and tanks, without fine hopefully, bad days guys...
    Also, I do not see any recent items updates in our local vendors shops, are they closed now???

5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Sorry to hear about your story @Axel

I haven't follow the vendors' update since a while too but Facebook is still full with vaping gears to sell, easy to find a group. Still ok to get stuff deliver to you so vaping at home is not an issue (yet?).

If you can manage to reduce your vaping outside your home, please do and stay away from cigarettes, I think it worth it.

6. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

I've been using snus when I don't want to take my mod out. Nothing like a vape, but it does satisfies the nicotine cravings.

This website: Snus in Thailand | Buy Snus in Thailand - Siamsnus
    is based in Thailand and delivers within 2 days.

Also in Thailand - website: Swedish snus in Thailand. Buy snuff or become distributors. Vikingsnus to your home

Stay off the stinkies Axel!

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  7. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I am quite curious bout that stuff @AI-NAAM ! ^^ Does it taste good, it it enjoyable ?

8. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

I like it, (keep in mind, I like tobacco flavored e-liquids) but I still prefer to vape where I can. It's another safer alternative to smoking.

This guy's youtube channel talks about everything "snus" if your interested:

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Looking at it now ^^ Thank you

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Thank you for this alternative, should try it!

Watched the video but few questions more:
    - is it not making your teeth yellow ?
    - is it easy to speak with snus in the mouth ?
    - can you have a drink with snus in the mouth ?
    - how long do you usually keep it in the mouth before throwing ?

And to help ordering:
    - any flavor to advise for beginner ? Maybe Wiskey as I like butterscotch for my juice ?
    - which kind the most handy, the white portion maybe?
    - which nicotine rate for a chain vaper?

Thank you again, maybe saved me from a fall back into cigarettes
    Axel

Tibo likes this.
  11. MechBuilder

MechBuilder Member

Reading through some of these messages since last year has made me feel saddened. I have lost family members to tobacco smoking. When I visit family abroad, vaping is considered to be a good alternative. People don't just blindly say it is perfectly healthy, but they can judge how helpful it has been to remove the smoke from the equation. I am told that even the doctors often recommend vaping to quit.

Now, I can say that I myself have managed to kick the habit, and my family is happy for me, but for something so trivial, they feel scared for me.. it makes me a little bit angry to have to see things stay like this.

12. ozadr1an

ozadr1an Member

So.. heres something curious in the new Customs Act laws approved (but not gazetted yet.. which means 200 days away from being active).. which is semi relevant because that is the current basis of the BiB enforcing the e-cigs yes ?

"Statutory fines and penalties for duty evasion offences are reduced to a range of 0.5 to four times the duty shortfall -- instead of four times the CIF (cost, insurance and freight) value plus duty under the current Act B -- or imprisonment of up to 10 years or both.

For duty evasion offences, "wilful intent" of fraud or "negligence" must be considered and proved by Customs."

So now instead of being 'total cost', it would be the 'duty' that would be applicable. Given that there is no duty, their basis for the fines seems to be dead..
    There also doesn't appear to have been specific mentions of ecigs.. So the ridiculous opening bids offered by the BiB should be reduced in accordance too..

The new Customs Act: What to expect and how to prepare | Bangkok Post: business

Chili Pepper and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

This is the worrisome part...I though it was only 5 years in the past (not that 5 years is remotely justifiable). ;)

Konvict likes this.
  14. ozadr1an

ozadr1an Member

Thats the legislation as a whole.. even only half the max would be used for things like say - fraudulently importing buses by misleading customs on the country of origin.. not carrying vape gear ;)
    Like any laws - they have to specify the maximum.. but the maximum is rarely applied. Its there to be used based on the relative damage the crime caused..
    I know LOS can be weird at times.. but you would never get the maximum penalty applied for the theoretical offences that might be discussed here in terms of imprisonment.. it would not be a good look for the judiciary when people doing actually really dodgy stuff are getting far far less than that..

But I know I know.. logic and Thailand should not often share the same sentence :D

I'm just pleased to see at least they are changing that whole crazy 'based on CIF' amount to just 'based on foregone duty' :)

DannyA and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Amen to that. :)

Yes, this is a step forward...if only someone in the government was a vaper... ;)
    It would only take 1...and then things would change very quickly.

Rowdy, farangmick and Konvict like this.