1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

But the chip would have to be imported, no? Its a chip made specifically for vaping, so how would that be taxed/legal? Also don't know about you guys but I wouldn't trust a cheap locally made mode given the top notch electronic devices Thailand is so well known for producing.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Urijah

Urijah New Member

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Me neither...unless I (or someone I knew) made it.

Been following this...they're certainly making an effort. Let's hope it comes to fruition.
    :vaping: :vaping:

4. Urijah

Urijah New Member

5. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

Well, the ban on sales as I understand it is because the appropriate tax has not been paid. So the argument I'm advancing is that if taxes have been paid then it's legal to sell
    **Updated**
    The board is a power regulator. Imported alone, it's customs class is an "electronic PCB". I'm not suggesting a badly made device - rather I'm suggesting a professionally made device that is properly designed and manufactured by a contract manufacturer, of which there are many in Thailand. All of the infrastructure to build it exists - from prototyping services to mass manufacturing. Many multinationals manufacture in Thailand - everything from hard disk drives to motor vehicles. Of course any product needs to be able to compete with alternative products on a like-for-like basis. If it's a crap product then it won't sell.

6. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Logically, makes sense but TiT. Not assuming you're suggesting a badly made device either, and its true that lots of multinationals manufacture here because for certain things its more convenient than China. I'm under the impression that mods aren't though. Most of the stuff multinationals manufacture here is exported, and more of them are closing shop here in favour of countries like Vietnam where they're geographically still in a good position for the SE Asian market, closer to China for supplies and labour is cheaper. Using that reasoning, I can't imagine a company manufacturing here just to sell here, especially since many of the parts might need to be shipped in from China anyway. From a business point of view it would make more sense to mass produce in China, which is not only cheaper but the products can be shipped worldwide.

Ultimately though I think that even if this situation where a company was locally producing mods for the local market did in fact work out without any legality issues, the mods produced here won't be much cheaper than the ones produced in China. In all fairness though, if there was a company here producing high quality mods at a reasonable price, I would buy from them even if it was a bit more expensive than a mass produced Chinese mod. Very interesting thought nd we'll hopefully see this happen if the laws ever change.

jpr likes this.
  7. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

Well, not really. Only the 510 connector and the PCB would need to be imported. In fact, the 510 could be made locally as well, a decent one too since nobody appears to hold a patent on it (although given the price and low volume, it's probably cheaper to import). All the metal parts can be machined locally.

Yep, that's the idea - a high quality DNA75 and DNA250 device (and possibly a YiHi) with a proper fat daddy vapes or varitube 510 connector and not the rubbish things every Chinese manufacturer seems to saddle otherwise good devices with just to save a dollar on the bill of materials. Arguably, if the law would allow local sale of a locally manufactured device then it could also be exported. Just musing a bit...

8. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Be careful out there guys!

(Copied from a Pattaya forum)

" A lad I know from the uk was 'fined ' 20,000 Baht two weeks ago ,after the police caught him using one on beach road the initial 'fine' requested was 100,000 baht , another lad from the same group was done for 13,000 Baht"

Dieter., Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Very good advice!

Dieter. and Konvict like this.
  10. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

That would screw your holiday big time , a lot of changs there

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  11. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

and BF's... :sleepy: :rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Fewer & fewer each passing day...inflation. :p
    :wink:

Konvict likes this.
  13. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

Brexit....

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

More unintended consequences... :D
    :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

Konvict, moonoy93 and jpr like this.
  15. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

(Apologies for off topic and if it causes any offence)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017