1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

IMO..

I reckon, the British Embassy have received queries from vapers,who intend to visit Thailand
    for clarification on the matter...

Probably,the Embassy have asked Thai Government the ruling regarding vaping,.

This warning,will obviously deter British tourists to Thailand who vape.

Bottom line is, British Embassy are covering themselves, IF a British citizen is caught,
    the citizen cannot say,they were not pre-warned...

2. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

I like that comment farang mick , it is concerning though imagine rolling into suvanabumi airport and wham your in cuffs and being led away for the haenus crime of having an e cig in your luggage .My partner is concerned that i may go to the dark side if i cant take it with me but as chodi has stated there for sale there ? i am leaning toward siam diesals point of veiw ,talking to my partner last night she said we buy here as one of her workmates vapes as well im confussed .

3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

I guess these vendors are making enough profit that its worth the risk?
    Just because their not being fined doesn't mean their customers wont be if caught.

The laws are there. Some choose to ignore them. Sometimes it's enforced, sometimes it's not.
    The risk is there. Up to the individual how much risk you want to take.

Great to have the reports from people on this forum so you can gauge the risk.

farangmick, jpr, Siam Diesel and 3 others like this.
  4. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Interesting..

Any Thai translators about???

Facebook

5. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

My missus says it is just some group that is fighting back against the laws concerning e-cigarettes. They want people to like and share the post to know the truth about ENDs devices to get the word out. I don't know if they will have much impact, but the more people who speak out the better.

6. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

very interesting, Thai people going to the police to explain that e cig is not so dangerous than tobacco, good to quit cigarette, vaping is not dangerous for people around, allowed in many contrys etc... I don't catch everything

7. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

A good idea, but definitely one to leave to the Thais. I want my next retirement extension, so I'll keep under the radar, pay my roadside backhanders to the BiB with a smile and live quietly at a far better standard than I could hope for in England.

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Just had a report from a friend in Pattaya that the BiB on Soi Bukhaow nabbed someone he knew with a mod...fine requested was Bt35k...ouch!

Yet, when asked previously, the BiB at the Soi 9 Station said it was an automatic Bt20k fine if you're caught with vape gear so capitalism is alive & well in Sin City (at least on Soi Bukhaow). ;)

Be careful out there, folks. :(

chris snell, farangmick and Konvict like this.
  9. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Not good then.. can't imagine it will be too long before some cops transferred from the north will give the ones down here the same idea :(

farangmick, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

^^^ Yes, it's a sad state of affairs here when it comes to vaping. And we know why...$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dieter., farangmick and Konvict like this.
  11. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Well, best of luck to the Thais fighting for the cause. Like farangmick said above as much as some of us would like to get involved, this is another issue where visas/jobs take precedence.

12. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

I can't read the exact text of the law banning sale of vaping goods, but my understanding is that they're banned because they don't fall into a class of goods that have been taxed correctly and are therefore illegal. So, just to play devils advocate here, theoretically a locally manufactured mod could be legal to sell. Each of the components have a specific and legal tax class. For example, the board is an electronic PCB taxable at 10% import duty and 7% VAT (anyway, it's just a DC to DC converter), while the 510 connector is similar since it is dual purpose (it could be used for a torch for example). The box could be made locally. If all the components on which tax is due are paid up correctly, then there is surely no reason to question the legality of the device, right?

DannyA likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Maybe...IF the BiB were interested in the provenance of the mod (which they're not).

Then there's the small matter that the (import and) sale of vape gear has been banned since the end of 2014. Don't think locally manufactured vape gear will catch on.

A company called Siam Mods used to make vape gear here...but you couldn't buy it here (and this was pre-ban). They're still around but now they make custom drip tips, which are shipped from the U.K.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict likes this.
  14. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

Of course, if something like this were to be done then it would need to be supported by a very good legal opinion and the device accompanied by a certificate showing that the relevant taxes have been paid. I think potentially a locally made DNA 250 / DNA 75 box mod could catch on (and be substantially cheaper than an imported device based on a back of the envelope calculation, since I've built my own already, so I have an idea of costing).

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

It's all moot until the ban on sales is lifted. ;)

Locally made Mod, will it be legal? | Thailand Vapers

Dieter. likes this.