1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Whatever the reason, the outcome and events were totally disgusting and disproportionate.
    I, for one, have no problems never returning to this country.
    I probably will, since my daughter has family there, but as for me, stories like this scare the crap out of me. There, but for the Grace of God, etc......

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

SooKee, Siam Diesel and Fastoche like this.
  2. FromOz

FromOz New Member

Depends on which way the wind's blowing ... in January I took a last vape before putting my ecig in my top pocket and getting on a motocy, as he drove off he said be careful and then pulled his cop badge out. Thought I was in the proverbial but he was cool, gave me his phone number and said to call him if I get into trouble.
    **Updated**
    My apologies, didn't see it.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

Yes I agree that the actual enforcements comes to the individual with cops (as with all people) there are good ones and assholes in the bunch. She was unlucky to meet the latter.. But the problem is the government being OK with this kind of harrassment.

I've been also caught twice in BKK with my vaporizer in my pocket during a night time search and both times was let go without trouble. First time the guy didn't even look at it, second time got some complaining but after saying I saw on Thai TV they were legal to possess the guys laughed and let us go.

Sue and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

No worries...you're not the only one. ;)

Sue likes this.
  5. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

How is everyone doing, any news?

Haven't seen any vaping-related news for a long time, neither negative nor positive. I also don't see as many Thais vaping anymore as I used to. Has anyone had any recent experiences with law enforcement? I'd imagine most cases go unnoticed with the right amount of tea money and people will stay quiet about it.

Ben2vape, jpr and SooKee like this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

News sources imply that things 'might' be getting less Draconian, apparently.
    I guess it's a big 'might', though.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

7. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

What makes you say that haybilly?

8. haybilly
    Paranoid

9. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

So the study should be completed within the next two or three months, another 3 months for the study to be fine-tuned/recommendations flushed out. If they are favorable then hopefully we might see some positive policy changes before the end of the year -- one can only hope !!

Siam Diesel, SooKee and jpr like this.
  10. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

We all just hope not to much time, everything take time here,
    but change is on the way IMHO, New King, New government even if it's could be a coalition.
    Maybe so busy time now for the government for the regulations, formation of the medicals and application of the law about CBD and kratum for medical use than vaping regulations are on waiting list?

Siam Diesel and SooKee like this.
  11. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

I like your optimism!

jpr likes this.
  12. Ben2vape

Ben2vape Well-Known Member

I'd say just forget it... 'News sources' are fuggy at the best of times and agendas are generally pretty opaque.

The most worrying 'policing' in my opinion comes from the authoritarian nature of the country - for example, IKEA security feel it is very important to prevent me from walking around a corner to an unpopulated area and taking a toke from my vape even though it's hidden from view...

Also when I visited Pattaya I tended to avoid driving after dark as I have experienced roadblocks in the past trying to find ways to extract money.

The country is set up pretty anti-vaping with a heavy vaping underground. You don't see it - but at the limousine office I was working last month, I was very surprised when the conversation turned to vaping and no less than 4 secret vapers appeared in the office which had about 20 staff only 5 of which were smokers (4 switched...).

Interestingly they were all playing 'lemmings' - one switched to heets, so the others were all duty bound to copy.

Any idea why dnavapors is closing down the site? Is that enforced, threatened, or just can't be bothered any more?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

I had a look at their site on Friday night, they stated 'Everything must go'.... but there were no prices reduced..
    which is strange..

Today, had a look again, but their site is in 'maintenance mode'...Hmmmm........

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Tetley

Tetley Member

They appear to have gone from Google search as well today. I think that probably answers the question of whether they were threatened or could not be bothered.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. tea-boy
    Amused

tea-boy Active Member

What would be interesting to know is how many of those given Senate seats have ties to the TTM. That is a potential road block to getting any decent legislation passed.