1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

?? :chinrub:

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  2. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

Oh...I've done lots of "research" on that, in Thailand. :)

Ben2vape likes this.
  3. ninja899

Another trip report.
    Just flown LGW LGK KUL HKT UTP LGW

All with no problems.

Disassembled departing. In pockets arriving.

Vaped carefully everywhere. Obviously you can vape as you like in Malaysia.

4. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

Never had issues traveling either, but then again this is about whether you get caught or not (unlucky for a random search). Disassembling will surely make them less likely to detect anything if you end up for a random luggage scan though..

Just met an old friend on NYE who I haven't seen for a year. He told me he's been caught now 3 times vaping in BKK (sukhumvit area) and each time had to cough up around 10k baht to not get locked up. Sad to hear the scum are out there to get you.. better be careful especially at the upper Sukhumivit area.

Ben2vape, Siam Diesel and moonoy93 like this.
  5. ninja899

If you follow the advice given earlier in this thread, even if you get your bags scanned on an international arrival into Thailand, you should be fine.

Sue, jpr, Siam Diesel and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ben2vape

Ben2vape Well-Known Member

Mostly I had no fear - but I was in the styx (around Khao Yai) when I got a nail in my tyre, went to a small garage in the middle of nowhere, and got a lecture from the guy fixing my tyre when grabbing a vape on my little eleaf Amnis kit...

Some police are aware that they can catch money from this, and not only Sukhumvit or Pattaya (I'd rate Pattaya as the worst that ever stopped me in the car to pump money for no good reason).

Rowdy, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Fixed that for you... ;)

Rowdy, Sue, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  8. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

"Most"... Surely.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Rowdy, SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Ben2vape

Ben2vape Well-Known Member

I'm not taking any bets - do your own research ;)
    I assume 'all', but also realise that whenever there's something they should see, they generally try to see it with the back of their heads.

Rowdy likes this.
  10. FromOz

FromOz New Member

827 Bht fine then deported.

Story sounds a bit suss, anyone got more info on it?

Can't post a link yet but Google "Phuket news frenchwoman deported for vaping"

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

1. She got caught for vaping in Phuket by corrupt scumbag cops
    2. They tried to extort her for THB 40,000 which she refused
    3. She was taken to police station with attempts to extort her further -she refused.
    4. She paid 100k bail, was issued a court date for the following month, went to court and paid a fine of 800 baht for the "crime".
    5. Her visa was expired, so she was deported and had to spend 4 days in detention.
    Amazing Thailand. This is their way of welcoming tourists.. "come here and we will f*ck you over".

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
    Fastoche, Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  12. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Is it this one?
    Frenchwoman deported for vaping

I suppose she was vaping on the scooter (not just holding the gear), and as far as I know, smoking on a scooter is forbidden because of the still burning buts which are thrown away, and thats dangerous as well.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Also covered in this thread: Frenchwoman deported for vaping | Thailand Vapers

15. kevin bangkok

kevin bangkok Well-Known Member

found this on Thai-visa
    Cecilia Cornu, 31, was in Phuket for a family holiday in January and was caught by Karon police holding an e-cigarette on Jan 30 whilst on a scooter with her fiancée as her parents and brother followed behind.

Cornu claims she was stopped by four police officers who snatched the e-cigarette and demanded B40,000, which she refused to pay.

She claims she was then arrested and taken to Karon Police Station where officers tried to bully her into paying a bribe.

Cornu was charged, her passport confiscated and a trial date set for Feb 11. Her return flight was scheduled for the following day.

She posted bail of B100,000 and was released the same day pending trial.

On Feb 11 Cornu attended Phuket Provincial Court where she was convicted for the offence and says she was fined B827 (23 euros). She was then sent to Phuket Immigration for what she thought was to collect her passport.

Upon arriving at the immigration office, she was informed that she would be transferred to Bangkok for deportation.

Cornu was then taken to Bangkok where she claims she spent four days and three nights in a prison cell shared with 60 other women in dire conditions where she had to sleep on a hard, dirty floor with no sheets or mattresses before returning home to France.

Cornu claims the ordeal cost her a total of approximately 8,000 euros (B286,000) in legal fees and travel expenses.

image: https://www.thephuketnews.com/photo/banner/2018/1539855670_1-org.gif

[​IMG]

Karon Police Chief Col Prasarn Hankotha responded to Cornu’s claims this morning (Feb 27). He told The Phuket News, “Karon police arrested Ms Cécilia Cornu after she was seen using an e-cigarette in Karon on Jan 30.”

“After waiting in the station for many hours while police worked on the case with her lawyer, she asked for bail which was granted at B100,000,” he explained.

“She posted bail and was released the same day. We did not hold her in a cell during her time at the police station.”

Col Prasarn went on to explain that the full bail amount was later returned to Cornu. “We have documents to prove this,” he said.

“Ms Cornu was fined by Phuket Provincial Court on Feb 11 but we do not know the amount as we have not yet received a report from the court.”

Col Prasarn flatly denied Cornu’s claim that his officers demanded a B40,000 bribe. “Karon Police had nothing to do with that,” he asserted.

“We had to confiscate her passport to prevent her from leaving the country before the trial, which is a normal procedure,” he said. “Police then sent her to the Phuket Immigration Office on Feb 11 to process her deportation via Bangkok.”

When asked about claims made by Cornu regarding her expenses, Col Prasarn replied, “We know nothing about 8,000 euros or B286,000. She paid a fine at Phuket Provincial Court and that is all we know.”

The Chief of the Phuket Immigration Office, Col Kathathorn Kumthieng, explained the standard procedure for all foreigners who are transferred to Bangkok for deportation, highlighting that it can take about three or four days to process and all travel and living costs during that time are the responsibility of the deportee.
    NOTE THE FINE IN COURT.....................

Read more at Frenchwoman deported for vaping