1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Sad to see the situation isn't improving much in LOS. Hopefully they'll taxing it would be a better option than chasing it.

I for sure completely stopped vaping outside my my when I'm in Bkk. I don't even dare taking my gear with me when going overseas. It just not worth the risk imo.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Do buy gear at your destination or just smoke again?

I just got back from a biz trip to SingSing last week...definitely no probs leaving TH with my gear (although it was all in my checked luggage).

Tibo likes this.
  3. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I buy gear locally wherever I go. If I have to go back to Bkk I will buy cheap gear and dump it before I leave. Otherwise I just keep it with me as the countries I traveled recently were vape friendly. I know live most of the time in Vietnam and vaping here is totaly legal.

Note that I don't bother buying expensive mods anymore, maybe because just I was used to feel I could not enjoy it freely outdoor. Now that I am in VN, i am tempted to treat myself again, knowing I won't have to dump it ^^

Good to talk to you again mon ami, it's been too long

Fastoche, AI-NAAM, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yes, mon ami, tu me manques!

jpr and Tibo like this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

6. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

My thoughts, pretty much same,Tibo.
    Glad to hear you're in a vape friendly country, also.
    UK (where I am, the days) is for the most part a mess at the moment, but Vaping is definitely not part of the problem.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

7. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

Interesting article here (in Thai): เครือข่าย ECST ลุ้น พณ.ปลดล็อกแบนบุหรี่ไฟฟ้า เชื่อวิน-วินทุกฝ่าย!

Probably just speculation, but things could be going in a better direction. Translated with Google:

"On October 11, 61, Mr. Volunteer, "Tobacco Smokers" or "ECST" and Addin ' "What is the electric cigarette?" Said the Department of Commerce (PSC) is considering canceling the status of prohibited goods. Imported into the Kingdom of Baru Electric The Thai government has said that the ban on electric cigarettes will be beneficial to the country. "

8. santaclaus

jpr, Fastoche, fillmcavity and 4 others like this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

Can't say I hold out much hope, the old guard make too much money poisoning the people with cigarettes.

Kandy, Fastoche, Nakhonsisean and 2 others like this.
  10. santaclaus

Can anyone read Thai and make sense of this article?

"A. Commercial allows the electric cigarette to smoke in Thailand is not illegal.

"Department of Foreign Trade Ministry of Commerce Review of measures forbidding import of electric cigarettes Except for foreigners Foreign tourists must bring their own personal belongings and must not be imported. Selling electric cigarettes in Thailand"

ก.พาณิชย์ยินยอมให้นักท่องเที่ยวนนำบุหรี่ไฟฟ้ามาสูบส่วนตัวในไทยได้ ไม่ผิดกฎหมาย

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I've seen this in some TH FB groups...seems that they're considering allowing foreigners to bring their e-cigs in when they come on vacation. Waiting to see this confirmed in the Nation or BKK Post.

SooKee, Bantorvaper and Sue like this.
  12. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Allowing to bring private gears into the country would be great, but what about vaping? This is still not allowed anywhere, not even where smoking is allowed, only in "privacy" ;)

SooKee, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I think they're getting set to change things up...we need to be patient a bit longer. ;)

SooKee, jpr and Sue like this.
  14. haybilly
    Paranoid

Let's hope this is going to lead to a more sensible approach. Not much point being 'Allowed to bring gear in', but technically breaking the Law if you use it.

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Interesting....

As we 'falangs', who are in the eyes of immigration not permanent residents, only temporary.. Does this mean we can vape, but not sell?

Siam Diesel likes this.