1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

It's time for the annual family visit ( actually for my daughter it's more about visiting her mates, with a few days grudgingly tagged on for family)
    So, if someone was dumb enough to consider bringing gear in, the usual applies,I presume:
    Tanks,Atties without batteries, and coils, plus juice, all in the checked (hold) bag- and ALL batteries, and any Mods with integral batteries, plus a couple of 510 connection LED Flashlight heads, in the Carry on bag??
    All this still correct??
    Thanks for any up to date experience.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

jpr, Chili Pepper, SooKee and 2 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yep, that's about it. :)

Edit: And, don't bring anything you can't afford to lose.

jpr, Chili Pepper, SooKee and 2 others like this.
  3. haybilly
    Paranoid

Thanks mate.

And any vaping is done totally in private, I presume. Not that I'm very sociable, at the best of times! But not at one's favourite watering hole anymore, I guess.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

From a beautiful Republic where wine, cheese, champagne are so good and affordable, the sky so blue during summer, (and the football team at the top of the world but it is not really important) where good cheap VAPE GEAR can be IMPORTED from China in 4 days without breaking the law, where we can VAPE FREELY nearly everywhere without risking to be have to pay a ridiculous amount to a little man in grey, where we are free to express our opinion and share our knowledge, talk and write about nearly anything we want using our beautiful native language, use our bicycle to move around not being feared of ending our life under the tires of a pick-up truck, a bus or a Mercedes Benz, we suddenly wonder why did we chose to live in a feudal archaic far right polluted noisy foreign country where we have to smuggle our gear when we arrive at airports ?
    Then we remember about winter and think about the smile, the lovely black eyes and the wonderful straight black hair. But is it really worse it ?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    jpr, SooKee, Siam Diesel and 2 others like this.
  5. Vapezar

Vapezar New Member

I was saying based on the info given to me. Sorry that I'm not THE expert on the topic of this plant as it doesn't interest me, I was merely making a comparison betw different priorities re law-making. I
    i.e. a plant that causes (whatever it causes) vs juice. Sorry if I touched a nerve with your plant.

6. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

In the winter time it still is and if it is only for the climate it's already a valued reason.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and SooKee like this.
  7. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Yep, agree for the climate as winter [will be] coming in a little while in the beautiful Republic of my youth.
    Still, I think it is the first time in 12 years that I'm not happy to come back to the Kingdom of Siam (let's call it for what it really is, Thailand was a dream born in 1932 but unfortunately it is fading away very quickly).
    Gonna have again to smuggle my gears and hide to vape. Let's be positive it will make me feel 20 years younger when I used to smoke the divine flower.
    For a little while I will still enjoy the pleasure to vape without feeling like at outlaw.
    Vape on People.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. haybilly
    Paranoid

I think I understand what you are saying-- having lived in LOS for many years (about 17), and then returning to live in UK again a couple of years ago- during my annual visits back to Thailand,I vape in secret, rarely leaving my accommodation with any vape gear for fear of a BIB 'shakedown', or worse. Whereas in UK, I rarely leave the house to go to work, shopping, drop daughter wherever, without at least 2 vape devices (one always needs a backup after all!) and vape, pretty much, wherever I want. My daughter and I are renting, while I renovate a property, and at both addresses many of the neighbors households have at least one Vaper.
    When I first returned I was completely amazed by the amount, and type, of Vapers-- it's not a class thing, or a gender thing, its pretty much all sectors of the population. Long may it last, and one day, hopefully, Thailand will go back to how it was 5-6 years ago.

9. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

How is everyone doing, any recent news, positive or negative?

10. haybilly
    Paranoid

Only news I have is based on my recent flights both in and then back out- and I don't want to give anyone any false hope, but I didn't get any problems from airport security on either journeys- it seems as though the officials have got used to seeing batteries, whether loose or inside an integral mod ( the sort that the battery does not come out) and the same for the tank and Atomiser in my hand baggage-- let's hope that it's the future.
    Also, the liquids situation seems less intense with no real need to present a clear bag of liquid items ( 100ml max)-- not saying you shouldn't be prepared for this, but we weren't asked to show these as septate items.

moonoy93, SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Which airport?

12. haybilly
    Paranoid

Swampy and CNX

And, (amazingly based on my last experience there) Dubai.
    Amazingly-- because last time through Dubai they stole my set up ( Mod, Tank and obviously Atomiser.!!)

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. haybilly
    Paranoid

Oh, and BHX which is UK, but they don't have prohibition.

14. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Fastoche, Rick O-Shea, jpr and 3 others like this.
  15. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

Sad to hear the scum are out there to extort you for these. As some of you might have read in this thread, I've been hand searched by cops in Bangkok in the past year, Sukhumvit 13 and the Khlong Toey night checkpoint and both times had no trouble after they saw my and my friends' mods. I wonder what would happen in such case if you just show them this video and tell them to bring you to the police station..

I also had a taxi driver warn me once as I was vaping while I hailed the taxi.. he was pointing at it and saying "prison!".

I still have that one swiss guy's story in memory though were he got in big trouble as they were saying he had brought is gear with him from abroad. I wonder if you've bought one from the local big online stores and even have the receipt to show..

By the way, has anyone been reading in the news that they would be planning to legalise them? I didn't see this article, but just saw someone commenting in a Facebook group that he'd seen one.

jpr, moonoy93, SooKee and 1 other person like this.