1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    A diet change may be in order. :D
    Your efforts are most appreciated...someday...someday...someday, things will change here!
    :vaping: :vaping:

centella4u, ninja899 and SooKee like this.
  2. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

First I'd heard of the deportation thing per se WRT vaping. But then I guess they can deport you for any 'severe' offence, so may not be a change at all, and maybe the guy was looking at options as they pertain to Immigration.

Rowdy likes this.
  3. centella4u

centella4u Well-Known Member

I've heard that ft don't send to LoS anymore, same as some other few company dus to confiscation
    and from a friend who works wih dsi, ft is first thing they suspect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rowdy, Siam Diesel and SooKee like this.
  4. SooKee
    Lurking

Yeah from what I've seen, FT goes off and on. No problem ordering from them last week. That said, even if it gets through, I doubt I'll order again. Plus, if what I've ordered gets through, there'll be enough to last me a lifetime I think LOL. But, it's only wires and cotton I've ordered, so the Thai mark-up on those is not that drastic anyway. Should be plain packaging so we'll see if it gets through. Probably not worth the anxiety.

Rowdy likes this.
  5. Tylerhann

Tylerhann New Member

Very crazy situation here in Thailand. I just had a package mailed (priority mail)from the States seized by customs. It was $500 worth of consumer merchandise purchased on Amazon and eBay. With over 20 items like clothing, bike parts, and toiletry items, the package contained ONE mod and 3 bottle of juice. The ENTIRE package has been seized and, according to customs, none of the other items will be delivered to me.

I’m not pushing the matter for fear of steep fines or worse. My shipping agent said he’s filing a missing package claim with the international mail carriers union, saying that sometime Thai customs will return the package to them but not to count on it.

This is totally unfair and total nonsense! The laws here are so arbitrary. A few weeks ago I flew from Pattaya to Chiang Mai on Air Asia. I got stopped at the scanner coming into the airport because they saw my mod inside my check-in luggage.

I thought I was screwed! The security guy asked me if what he was seeing on his screen was a e-cig and I admitted it was. He asked me to open my bag and upon inspection he simply said to remove the battery and carry it on, and leave the mod in my checked bag! That was it; no confiscation, no fine, nothing!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Never use this shipping method for vape gear...almost guaranteed to be seized by Customs upon arrival. Only regular air mail (add registered if you want tracking) has a chance of getting through. And the package should be small with a low declared value <$25, otherwise, Customs will get interested (as has happened here).
    Sorry for your misfortune, but the import of vape gear & juice into TH has been illegal since the end of 2014. Yes, the laws here are draconian when it comes to vape gear but trying to ship a mod & juice purchased on Amazon isn't a very good idea. Amazon does everything by the book...they declare the full contents of the package at the purchased value and even collect customs duties on the value of the package.

Edit: Just reread your post & realized that Amazon didn't do the shipping...but the combination of high value & "priority mail" doomed your package from the start.
    Maybe, but it's the law here.
    It's against ICAO regulations to put mods w/Li-Ion batteries in your checked luggage...and for a very good reason. If the mod starts firing in flight, it could start a fire in the luggage hold. Always put your loose batteries & mods w/integral batteries in your carry-on luggage. FYI, the security scanners don't work for customs, and they don't enforce the TH laws about ecigs (thank goodness)...their only concern is to make sure that whatever is going on the airplane, checked or carry-on, is safe for transport.

Rowdy, Arbil, SooKee and 2 others like this.
  7. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Don't order vape stuff from outside Thailand, if you are already in the country. It's much better to order from thai vendors online. Thats the way I always do it.

Arbil, Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  8. Vapezar

Vapezar New Member

As I find myself exploring different neighbourhoods I've not only encountered the vape stall at the shopping mall ENTRANCE but also found like 4 vape stalls in the same road in a different area. There was even a cop coming out if the cafe standing right BEHIND the stall that took a glance at me flr a few seconds (must be my very long dreadlocks) amd then just waltzed along. It kinda got me a bit paranoid as I didn't know if it could be a set up for a bribe but either way...there's even a shop a few roads away that sells concentrate flav (1 litre min of anyone's keen to go halfies or thirds or quarters whatever)
    **Updated**
    Guy at the shop says that as long they're not selling nic or if a customer isn't caught with nic it's ok...any views?

SooKee and Rowdy like this.
  9. SooKee
    Lurking

I would suggest if you encounter a cop that plans to take action you don't want to be caught with anything. There will be no distinction between nicotine and non nicotine juice.

Sent using Tapatalk

Rowdy, Sue, debatedude and 1 other person like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

IF you speak fluent Thai, you may be able to get across that distinction before they either seize your gear & apply those ugly metal bracelets or force you to bring out your wallet to avoid this. But from everything we've heard, there is no such distinction being made when an end user is caught in possession of vape gear. Personally, I would do everything in my power to avoid having this happen. YMMV ;)

Rowdy, SooKee, Sue and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vapezar

Vapezar New Member

Maybe it's a setup to target foreigners that appear to have money as these stalls don't even hide themselves and local Thai people came and bought like it's nothing but when I stood there for a few min the cop appeared. Either way I don't leave my apartment with any gear whatsoever and if I'm gonna buy there it's gonna be a quick in and out story. No time for hanging around etc.

Rowdy likes this.
  12. SooKee
    Lurking

More likely because they pay off the BIB to be left alone, until shit rolls down from on-high and / or cops not on the payroll walk in and stir things up. Maybe the cop had come for the tea money :)

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. SooKee
    Lurking

Depends what you're ordering and where from I guess. I've had plenty of success just lately, mainly tanks and at a SIGNIFICANT saving over local vendors and with delivery times of 5-6 days. Well impressed and better off financially ;) Doubt I'd risk it with stuff I couldn't afford to lose though and if my latest order gets through, that'll be me done for a while. Personally, I wouldn't touch FT!!!

14. Vapezar

Vapezar New Member

Any advancements re legalities etc? I saw something about medical cannabis and some kinda plant akin to meth being legalised next Aug but still nothing on Vaping...uuurgh.

15. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

Please dont speculate on things you dont know about. The plant being talked about is Kratom and it is nothing like meth. Its a plant...... :unbelievable:That has been used for centuries by Thai's especially in the south..

haybilly likes this.