1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Sharing experience.
    DMK INTL OUTBOUND.
    Was not stressed and quite confident.
    At Don Muang international departure now.
    2 old eleaf mods with non removable batteries. One small (eleaf 2600) in a cabin luggage with power bank and a camera with Nikon batteries and charger (everything was in the camera bag).
    Another one, bigger but not huge (old eleaf 4400) with non removable batteries in another cabin bag with power bank, phone and its charger (carried by a family member).
    One small RTA (Squape RS) with cabin luggage in liquids bag with one 30ml bottle of juice (small drip tip removed and in a different place in the bag).
    Another atomiser (Squape RS) 3 pieces in different places of the suitcase and not coiled+ 3 bottles of juice+already made coils, cotton, and tools in check-in luggage.
    Just passed the security checkpoint, no problem.
    Quite sure the security staff saw it with XRay but they didn't care/say anything.
    Went vaping in smoking room, 2 Thaïs blowing big clouds with big dripper.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Kandy, biatch0, yourauntbob and 6 others like this.
  2. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

Fastoche likes this.
  3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Yes thanks for your report. However I hope this doesn't give any travelers a false sense of security. Vaping is still banned.

On many laws here enforcement seems very Laissez-faire. They will let people do something for weeks, months, or even years to the point that it seems to be the norm or even legal. Then one fine day law enforcement says Ok boys, today were going to enforce the law and make an example of some people.

That's the day you don't want to be caught blowin clouds in the airport smoking lounge.

Fastoche, SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Spent yesterday with someone that people here may find familiar...

C630A916-1C86-4402-A013-94F349204086.jpeg

5. MrsMorley2016
    Worried

MrsMorley2016 New Member

All

I fully appreciate e-cigs are illegal, however what are my chances of bringing a Nicorette inhaler with me. Are these also banned. I was hoping to travel with my VIP starter e-cig by carrying clearomiser in hold luggage along with liquid in a non-distinguishable bottle and carrying the battery with me in camera case. What are my chances of being lucky doing this ?

I am travelling UK to BKK (via Doha) and then have internal flights (BKK to CM and CM to Phuket) and then Phucket to Doha and then onto UK.

As a last resort would I be able to buy a pen like ecig in any of the places I am visiting ?

I hate to say it but not sure I would have booked the holiday if I had known e-cig were banned (I only found out when it was too late to cancel without losing most/all our money !).

Any help would be appreciated.

Kandy likes this.
  6. Theecrank

Theecrank Member

Seems harsh. Though my Finnish friend did catch a 10,000 baht fine for vaping somewhere in pattaya.. I would imagine if you can't pay that on the spot there could be some repercussions. At the same time, they let him keep his vape lol. Probably hoping to catch him again! I also heard there either is, or will be a new law about bribing the police. So now they could ask for a bribe, and then jam you up anyways LMAO

Fastoche likes this.
  7. MrsMorley2016
    Worried

MrsMorley2016 New Member

A fine I could cope with - 5-10 year in a Thai prison, not so much lol

FromOz, Siam Diesel and Jazz2017 like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Shouldn’t be a problem...I’ve brought those in from Germany & Singapore.
    Pretty good, actually. Once you pass Immigration, take a quick trip to the restroom & slip the battery into your pocket (not purse in case you get selected for screening at Customs). I just exited Swampy (main airport) today with an eGo Aio in with my computer gear and no problems.
    Not so good...but you could buy something online from a local Thai supplier and have it shipped to your hotel.

Good luck!
    :vaping: :vaping:

With the kind of gear you’re talking, the chances of an “on-the-spot” fine are very good...the jail sentences are reserved for the dealers & big importers (which you’re not).

9. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

You should not have much of a problem if you break down your stuff and keep it generically labeled. But at the end of the day its your risk to take and your fine to pay. Would be very surprised if they put a tourist in jail, at least one who had money to pay the BIB.

Basically the risk is low but that doesn't mean it does not exist.

10. thairak

thairak Well-Known Member

Edited for readability. /SD

you will be fine , that is the best way to carry them. and the VIP cigalike do look like the analogue ciggy when used. I have used these and had girls bring an ashtray. so for the BIB to look from a short distance, I am sure the same applies.
    but be careful, it is still illegal. remember at customs , keep left pace yourself so it's clear,
    no eye contact and keep walking , bypass any cue for the scanner.
    **Updated**
    I found VIP ecigs good but expensive, as you are in UK, I wondered , have you tried these

0mg, 8mg, 16mg, 24mg VIP Cartomizer Refills

a lot cheaper and good too, VIP compatible ,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
    Rowdy, jpr, Siam Diesel and 1 other person like this.
  11. biatch0

biatch0 Well-Known Member

Heading over to Abu Dhabi in a few days for work... yes, I know, I seem to keep going to places where vaping is frowned upon. From what I understand, they have a similar view as Dubai on vaping (they're the same country, but each city has autonomy over their laws AFAIK). Basically, I'll be treating it like Thailand - not so worried going in, but going out, everything is going to be in tiny little pieces littered all over my checked luggage and only batteries in my hand luggage.

Shortly after, I'll be running the gauntlet of heading in to DMK, and then DMK to UTH again. So, looks like I'll be the first here reporting the domestic side of DMK.

Rowdy likes this.
  12. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

I fly from DMK to KL and back on Saturday. Just a visa run so no checked luggage. I plan to take my ezip by itself and will see if that gets flagged. My thought (hope) is that they just think its a lighter as it looks the same just a bit bigger.

Fastoche, Siam Diesel and Rowdy like this.
  13. railroad

railroad New Member

Hey fellas.

I have arrived from Istanbul to Bangkok 2 days ago. I never trust buying liquid from a corrupt market like asia so i brought my own handmade e-liquid from Turkey. I know the risks i already prepared 100k baht incase of a arrest . i never want to smoke real cigaretes again. I know the risks and i took it.
    I am going to stay in thailand 3-5 months with thai wife and plan to comeback again soon. So this time i bring 6 atomizers which all disambled in checked bag, 3 pack of wires 26ga, cotton,empty bottles, 1.5LT premade 16mg juice. I am only MTL smoker so i think it is very hard to find atomizers for my interest on the streets.
    For mods, i choose all plastic mod i recomend you all is all plastic and very lightweigt. It is double battery mod and super energy efficent.
    I put all my batteries inside checked bag . Police stopped me in istanbul airport not for batteries but for swiss knife. other than that everything went very smooth. No bag check in Bangkok.
    I dont plan on using don muang which i heard a little dangerous. I will travel long distances with TRAIN. do they check bags in trains ?

Right now i smoke only in my room not on the streets of Bangkok. Yes a little paranoid but i think that is the way to do?

Thats my experience this week.

Fastoche likes this.
  14. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

You should be good on the train, don't blow clouds inside tho. It is not really an issue to find good juice / good vape products locally if you are OK with paying a little extra.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Sharing experience number 2.
    DMK Don Muang Intl inbound (arrival).
    Just back from Myanmar with AirAsia.
    Arrived today at DMK Don Muang with 2 mods (old eleaf 2600 and 4400), 2 RTAtomisers (squape RS).
    1 Eleaf 2600 (small mod) and 1 atomiser (quite small) in my pocket.
    1 RTA in pieces in my suitcase (check-in luggage).
    1 mod (eleaf 4400) in a family member pocket.
    NO PROBLEM but haven't been checked by Thai customs.
    To remind you (see previous post, 21 Feb 2018) 10 days ago DMK INTL outbound (departure) NO PROBLEM with security checkpoint.
    See details in previous post.
    Burma/Myanmar was great, felt free, could vape everywhere.
    Vape on.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018