1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, might have to disagree with you there. The first (and most recent) story doesn't indicate what the new law will do vis-à-vis ecigs. The 2nd story is from Oct 2014 and predates the ban.

I'm still not convinced. :)

Sent from my P3 Ti...

2. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

Guess this means no more playing pool at iBar with a mod hanging from your neck.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Agreed.
    Please keep us informed.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

Ive only ever vaped in private...never in a public space even when overseas....dont like drawing attention...but if i couldnt vape i wouldnt smoke either. Even smelling smoke actually irritates my nostrils now...its that harsh by comparison.

AI-NAAM, Emmess and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Live dangerously. Let us know how it turns out :D
    :wink:

Edit: Just a bit late with this. :p

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict likes this.
  6. Loki
    No Mood

Loki Trickster. Vaper. Bringer of Ragnarök

Female's Boyfriend that sold only one piece of vape equipment has been arrested and bail is set at 150,000 Baht.

[​IMG]
    Female's Boyfriend that sold only one piece of vape equipment has been arrested and bail is set at 150,000 Baht.

The thai text below reads from a poster " over kill for reals"

[​IMG]

^ The explanation of the female's story, that her boyfriend only sold one piece of vape equipment and is being threaten with 5-10 years imprisonment and a fine no more than 500 k

The Female poster is going crazy looking for 150,000 baht to bail her boy friend out. In the end she eventually bailed her boyfriend out for 100k

[​IMG]

^ The guy has been waiting in jail for 2-3 days the police to file the paperwork so he can be bailed out
    The police told him " today were not available to do it"

the text below the hashtag reads: " all over one piece of vape equipment B!TCH! (insert / substitute any curse word of your choice) "

[​IMG]

At this time he is free on bail and out. Bail was paid at 100,000 baht. Vape equipment confiscated, I6 (IPV 6 Mod) 1 mod.

the next step.. go to court.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

This is getting scary. Knowing what it is like in Thailand I suspect that airport staff would be oblivious to what is going on now with vaping gear but the thought of travelling through an international airport into Thailand with vaping gear is worrying.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I suspect that there won't be much change (if any) coming through Swampy...this latest pogrom is courtesy of the BiB, not Customs.

AI-NAAM, Richard and Konvict like this.
  9. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Siam Diesel, yes lets hope it stays that way! As per usual in Thailand, I think they may focus on vapers in some regions for a little while, then forget about and move on to something else.

10. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

If you look at today's Bangkok Post you will see on the front page an article about the Justice Minister. He is proposing to lift the ban on Meth amphetimines and declassify them as dangerous drugs. Yet vaping gear seems to be treated with the same enforcement as dangerous drugs. Does this make sense to anyone?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Nope...not at all!

But if the article is to be believed, meth isn't nearly as dangerous as alcohol & cigarettes...huh??

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Konvict likes this.
  12. BillD

BillD Well-Known Member

I was able to ask a few vapers' who are Thai about the "recent changes" and forwarded them a few articles which I had seen here. The responses were essentially the same. If you are caught selling vape gear, e-juices or importing any of the two, you can be arrested, fined and face prison for 5 years.

However, you can vape in smoking areas, just not in public areas where smoking is prohibited.

From the looks of it, nobody seems to really know what the actual laws are and law enforcement can interpret them as they see fit.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

All this is very scary, just reading now, after a week spent in Silom and Pataya, making big clouds everywhere I went, in streets, in bars, on the beach...
    Does it mean really the end of vaping in Thailand ??? Like others, my life is in Thailand with familly and house : not planning to leave for ever !

farangmick, BillD and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I think we can only follow their rules if we want to stay here for a long time.

And we can always make use of meth, which is also a much better alternative to cigarettes.:rolling laugh:

AI-NAAM, Emmess, Yong and 3 others like this.
  15. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Also, curious to get the input from our forum Thai vendors on this point, they should be highly concerned and the most aware of the real things... Being Thai citizens and in the vape market, they probably have more info sources than us !

AI-NAAM, Konvict and BillD like this.