1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Good plan, SD, provided he arrives in a large city, like BKK, where he could find a vendor easily.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Longtail1 and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

EMS goes everywhere. Presumably, he knows his first hotel stop...easy enough to place a purchase a few days in advance and have it waiting at Reception when he arrives.

3. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Fiendishly clever, you're way ahead of me.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Longtail1, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Certainly good for my soul, and wallet. 25 years of cheap Golden Virginia. Not too good for my body though.

Siam Diesel, Konvict and Longtail1 like this.
  5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Now you are happy that you don't have to do that anymore and that you started with much cheaper vaping! Not!:rolling laugh:

farangmick, Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Actually I am happy. Vaping is cheaper even in LoS than the stupid money I was spending on stinkies. The good General is helping. Six months ago, I'd have bought the Treebox I didn't win from HG.

7. hasan
    Cool

hasan New Member

hey guys

i just wanted to check on the latest here , i will be visiting Thailand for 10 days from September 8th , gonna stay in Bangkok and pattaya ,i will bring my vape gear with me and i know how to hide and spreed them in my bags , so i just wanted to know if i will get in trouble for vaping in bangkok or pattaya ,i can see that i can't do it in public ,what about clubs,restaurants or bars? can i vape where smoking is allowed ? or should i just vape in my hotel room ?

8. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Never had a problem vaping Pattaya personally in the past when I lived there, but things are getting a bit harder now I believe. In public in Pattaya keep it stealthy I think, but I will be vaping anyway when I go there on .monday for a few days. Clubs and bars are meant to be smoke free areas anyway but most there allow smoking. Having said that smoking is legal and vaping is in a grey are that leans to illegal in my view. I would just ask in the bar or club if it is ok to vape and show them your gear so they understand.

I don't think there is going to much problem in Pattaya myself but I would wait for other members with more up to date info to chime in.

BKK is meant to be stricter but never having lived there I can't comment other than be stealthy.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Public vaping in LOS is a giant grey area. It's safe to vape in your hotel room...anywhere else may be risky. If you run into trouble, play the dumb "tourist" and make sure you can access the video from the Police General (posted 2 pages back) who says there are no laws against vaping here.

There are laws against smoking indoors, which are enforced more strictly in Bangkok than in Pattaya, so I'd avoid vaping where it's not allowed to smoke, particularly in restaurants. As for clubs & bars, do as @Longtail1 suggests and ask them first.

Stealth vaping is the order of the day...I carry an Aio for just those occasions. ;)

Let us know how you get on!
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict likes this.
  10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I still vape everehere I go but a lot stealthier because now I only take AIOs with me.

I also don't stand anymore at spots where you can smoke, I now vape everywhere outside as long as I am on the move and think it is save to stealth vape.

Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  11. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Probably better people here to answer your question as I live in the north, but I was in Bangkok for a few days last week in the Siam square/Sukumvit area.
    In previous trips I would see the occasional person vaping on the street or in a bar or smoking area.
    During this trip I saw absolutely no one vaping.

As the last two post's point out, keep it stealthy. It seems nobody is openly vaping in Bangkok now.

12. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

@Siam Diesel and @Konvict never really considered an AIO tbh. Might be worth a look though I guess for when I am in the more heavily policed areas. Any recommendations? Currently using an RTA single coil 30g @!15w, lung hits. Hate MTL vaping now and can't get on with it at all.

Konvict likes this.
  13. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Almost forgot, I did see a cloud of vapor rising out of a toilet stall in a restroom at Terminal 21.

There was a security guard casually standing in front of the stall admiring the clouds, waiting for him to come out.

I didn't stick around to see the result since I had gone in there for a quick vape myself, but then decided to go find another location...
    :police:

Konvict, Anbessa and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Don't think you can do direct lungs hits with the Aio...it comes with an 0.6 ohm coil that I didn't like. Sucker vapes really hot and the g/f managed to melt a bit of the mouthpiece with a few vapes. I much prefer the 1.0 ohm (Cubis) coils in the Aio. If you go this way, you might want to consider some higher nic juice, and to avoid blowing big clouds when you're out in public. At a minimum, security/BiB will think you're smoking inside (as @AI-NAAM points out), and that's a conversation none of us want to have! :D

Konvict and Longtail1 like this.
  15. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

To get past the clouds I have started the following. Half puff, finish the inhale without the vape, half exhale and inhale and repeat. Get to be more like repeated exhales from a smoker. Much thinner vapor and the small exhales reduce visibility. Oh and I hold in after each inhale.

Gotta do something to hide it. Max VG DTL is very visible.

Already gone to 10 mg across the board to minimize the ampunt of vaping I'm doing.

Just have to wait and see what happens in Pattaya next week. Lol