1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by glenn, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

2. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

So we can vape in public again just can't import export, so that means we really can't vape anymore lol

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

We haven't been able to import since the end of 2014...yet, most of us have managed to continue vaping.

judas, farangmick and Konvict like this.
  4. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Ok my girl just viewed this video she's telling me he's telling the reporter if anyone is caught with electronic cigarette they will be taken to Police station sat down and explained to WHY they're not allowed to have them. So yeah screw this place going back to the Philippines LOL.

Fastoche and Urijah like this.
  5. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Nowhere any better. This or that issue in every country.
    You are welcome if you are an obedient consumer.

6. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I would love to hear their explanation. It is only about revenue/taxes nothing else. Tobacco revenue is actually important to Thailand they will do anything to protect that. These local incidents of getting snatched by the police for vaping or any one of a hundred other reasons happens all the time here when the police are hungry for money. It has been that way for more than the 20 odd years I've been living here.

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

@stef - you'll want to read this thread if you haven't already. ;)

8. stef

stef Member

I have read it, yes. Thanks.
    Today, we talked with some police officers in Bangkok. Their advice (recommendation) is NOT to have e-cigarettes with you in Thailand at the moment. They will do more strictly controls on it.
    This is just from 1 source. Tomorrow we will ask more police sources. A Thai friend of me will also call customs at the airport.

AI-NAAM likes this.
  9. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Try to show the police the video next time to see what their reaction is. That would probably be an eye opener for them.

stef, moonoy93 and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Daleyboy
    Breezy

Daleyboy Member

Glad you found TV @stef Keep us posted on the outcome of these calls please.

My wife watched the video and said at the moment it was ok to bring E cigs into Thailand for personal use, but she is very concerned that this won't filter down to the rest of the local police, and a trip to the station would be imminent if caught vaping.

Looks like it might be back to the Stinkies while I'm over

stef likes this.
  11. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

Really confusing.

12. stef

stef Member

Ok, We talked with the head chief of customs at the Ayuthaya office : The E-cig is officially illegal to import, export, produce, sell or carry with you.
    BUT ! Its not strict and the law is not 100 % implemented for possessing a E-cigarette.

Inspections at the airport are not fully 100 % at this time but it's a BIG risk to bring it with you. If customs can see it clearly that you carry an E-sig, you 'CAN' have an issue and can be taken to a police office and be fined.
    It's not a 100% check but since last month, they will check more as before.

Customs advice is not to bring any e-cig or mods into Thailand. (I assume they cover them self up by giving a political correct answer).

Phone calls with custom police at Suvarnabhumi airport give us the same answer.

If you dismantle your mod completely. Separate battery, mod, tank, drip, atomizer, Juice ... You might can get away with it. This is not an official statement or an advice... !
    Anyway, Vaping in public is out of the question ! You will be a sitting duck for corrupt and money hungry police officials these times.
    Most vaping Tourist are not aware of these recent laws.
    So we must be careful now and warn other vapers !

I will be uploading a video soon at my Youtube Channel.
    Steffs Thailand Travel

Cheers,
    Steff

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Daleyboy and Donkey like this.
  13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Thanks for this info, although as you say there may be a certain amount of PC in the answer.

Not looking good for vapers in LoS atm.

14. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

- remove the tank from the mod, remove the drip tip, remove the battery
    - separate all parts, the mod and tank in the check in luggage but tank separate
    - spare atomiser heads and e-liquid bottles in your toiletries bag

- Don't try to bring mods with integrated battery
    - Bring the least amount of parts
    They might not see it, as of now not all luggage is scanned, but many are, I'd say 30 - 50 %. They strive for all luggage to be scanned, same as in Singapore. They have example pictures so they will decide on basis of the shape and colour if you are member of the club or not.
    **Updated**
    Have not tried: Plug a head-set into your mod and grooving pass through the customs :) May be someone should integrate an MP3 into a vape.

Richard likes this.
  15. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Or try to decide if they are a step too far for you. Been wondering this personally for a while since they started clamping down on everything vape related.

It's not vaping per se but that is just another straw added to this camels back.
    **Updated**
    And just found this on FB. Not cape related but Could this be the final straw for many?
    Special SIM cards for foreign tourists so they can be traced!