1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Pioneer4You IPV D3 / w. Yihi SX150H

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by peter-k, Feb 10, 2016.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Thread Starter Well-Known Member

The most simple WORKING TC mode I know of: IPV D3

I bought one after the D2 was recommended to me for better build quality. I thought the D2 is not so good and went ahead for the D3.

I do a Ti coil 28 ga 6 wraps 2.5 mm = ~ 0.5 ohm, pop it into my favourite tank, switch the D3 on, go to Joule mode, adjust 17 Joule 245 C ... and just vape.

The vape is enjoyable and stabil from beginning to end, with no worries and thoughts about settings. Now that's what TC is for, not to prevent some sloppy person from smoking burning cotton. My eVic VTC Mini needs temperature re-adjustments over time, since the resistance can fluctuate, and that seems is because of that utterly silly rubber grommet 510 connector. None of that with the D3.

Plus for the IPV D3:
    - mucho better paint quality
    - "substancial feel" casing
    - spring loaded 510 connector of higher quality
    - dedicated, safer charging connector
    - TC with Ti = it just works

Minus:
    - really poor screen in comparison to the eVic VTC Mini (but to be honest all relevant info is on it)
    - no firmware upgrade capability (but does it really need it - since it works as is?)
    - outdated Ni mode instead of SS mode
    - charge-plug on the bottom means device can not stand upright while charging
    - Joule mode? Why use joule while everyone uses W?

Indeed, the build quality is much better and for me satisfying with this one. I lived in China for 18 months, I know that story of the cheapest labour is long already history, and I know they CAN if they WANT. I saw plenty good China made products in China which we don't know at all. Why they keep on throwing cheaply made junk that is not well thought through all over the word is way way beyond me.

nbd101 and etlava like this.
  2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Agreed that this is a solid mod and a better TC device than the RX200, VTC Mini and Cuboid mods (with their current/latest firmware versions). Well, that is with Ni200 and Ti1 as it is missing SS support. Also really like the ergonomics. I take my D3 with me to work just about every day and then have a larger mod option along as well.

peter-k likes this.
  3. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Agree with both of you - the D3 is a very solid mod and has become my no 1 for all the reasons mentioned above.