1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Pattaya news

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Konvict, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict Thread Starter ProVari Moderator

E-cigarettes linger despite legal threats - Pattaya News - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

According to this article

"Besides the growing health concerns over e-cigarettes, the devices are illegal both to sell or even possess in Thailand, unless you have a receipt showing you bought your device before 2014."

Growing health concerns?
    What are they talking about? I guess they mean the Thai doctors that have an opinion based on old information or things they make up along the way.

Receipt showing you bought the device before 2014?
    Wow, now I have to start looking for those! And I don't have any problems if I can show that?

2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I see a business opportunity here - special vaping receipts!

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

That's not at all true... :)
    If there were laws on the books making possession illegal, they wouldn't spend any time with the 30-year old Customs law regarding illegal importation... :(

4. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Easy enough to get the wife to write a receipt on a bog standard form, with an appropriate date and ficticious vendor. Stick in a back pocket to soak in sweat and age for a couple of days. Latest purchase is suddenly four-five years old.
    Of course, Sod's Law means that the copper who pulled me would be the only vaper at the local nick.