1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

OFFTOPIC: So i bought myself a Android TV Box

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by oil, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Been waiting ten days (3 fcuking phone calls) for tot to do a service check. Gonna go with true or 3bb if the don't pull their finger out

3. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

My problems going to be sorting out a rental without knowing whats available. Ill just have to check the street to make sure theres a true box in the area.

4. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

Let us know what you find out as I am also in the market for this @Rick O-Shea

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  5. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I would also recommend anyone that uses there TV in this way to get hold of a Logitech® Wireless Touch Keyboard k400
    Its about the best way I have found to get both keyboard and mouse support on the sofa. You wont need it for navigation of Android so much, but as soon as you open up a browser it come into its own.

Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad K400 - Logitech

They come in different language options and JIB Tut Com stocks a US/Thai one.

Emmess and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

When I used an HTPC I had a Logitech keyboard. I'd have to go upstairs to find the model number. It cost me 9000B and wouldn't charge after about 6 weeks :D
    Beautiful keyboard though.

TOT just confirmed I can get their Fiber 2U. I might just go with the 20/10 package to begin with (700B) as I'm more concerned with upload than download at the moment.

7. Rick O-Shea

Will do.

It will be several weeks before I purchase I think though, need to sort my connection first.
    I'm also looking to set up a cheap network media server for my daughter for all her movies and shit she likes to keep.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. oil
    Bitching

oil Thread Starter Custom What?

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  9. Rick O-Shea

Finally had Fiber installed today. Usual scenario; just turn up unannounced.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Finally got mine sorted today with the delivery of a Minix8-H Plus and an air mouse. True fiber at 30mb seams ok, they sell this in pattaya but pattaya dont have fiber yet.

True fiber 700bht
    ILikeHD 550bht basic UK and Entertainment package.

Works out lots cheaper than the True Platinum package I used to have, and I don't have to pay for TV when Im away at work.:grin::grin::grin:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Rick O-Shea

550B one time payment? @Mack

12. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Thats 550 for 30 days, they do different packages, I got the UK basic and Entertainment packages.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  13. Rick O-Shea

Finally got around to buying a Minix Neo U1; It actually arrived the day after my TV blew up. Moved downstairs TV upstairs.
    For the most part I'll stick to torrents as Kodi is... well, Kodi, but it does work reasonably well with the Minix so I'll set up a server at home for streaming to it.
    I have been using IlikeHDTV for the last 30 days, but tbh, it is pretty shit. I had the 550B Thai/UK package, however with the 6-7 hour difference it is useless for me. I had also forgotten just how annoying adverts were (haven't watched live TV for several years). I am now only subscribed to the 150B Thai sport package.
    The quality of the streams are very poor, none of them are HD (even the HD ones). The application is quite buggy too, both on tablet and ATV.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

kodi has a windows version that works quite well--scrapped my true platinum and don't regret it. hundreds of channels and on demand movies etc... live and archived sports events.
    its buggy but works well enough.

15. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I would have to agree about ilikehdtv, very buggy. The free thai channels seem to work bug free but the uk channels hang all the time. Ive spent months trying to get it sorted with them and been given every excuse and lie in the book. That said, for my use and it being cheeper than true, im still using it. Resolution is 480 for the most part with thai hd being 720.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk