1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Noalox 'Killer'?

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by Darth Vaper, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

This is a quick post about Nitecore brand silicone grease. Not really interested in making the comparison to Noalox - the post title was just a (evil!) gimmick.

The topic is presented on the assumption that this product may be of interest to members. This is based on the fact that there appears to be a dearth of local sources for Noalox and shipping from the west implies having to spin the wheel and face the deal currently being dished out by customs.

Recently, this item was procured from the 'fast' tech people:
    1825600-3.jpg
    the cost as of September 2, 2014: $2.78 USD.

However, even more interesting is the local vendor, Tactical Thai has a very similar (possibly identical) item in stock at practically the same price (by conversion rates as of this writing, cost = $2.64 USD - but good luck getting the quoted rate...). Added benefit by ordering through TacticalThai = EMS delivery most likely will arrive in 1 to 2 days tops.
    SL6-082012-S01.jpg

In essence, this product is probably identical to Noalox, at least for all intents and purposes. The formula for Noalox is proprietary but the ingredients are made available here. If anything, order some of these other grease compounds and compare to formulate your own opinion. For the price, there is really not much at risk and you will most likely be very pleased.

TacticalThai.com was given a very positive recommendation from this member recently, search the forum for 'tacticalThai' if interested in those details.

That is all the selflessness I can stand for 1 day. Back to destroying planets now before I lose my hate edge.

Arrivederci!

EDIT: these other grease compounds do not appear to be conductive. Comparisons to Noalox intended for the use on threads not contact points.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

And the local brand offers a "smoother screw" and a "better 'O' ring"...definite advantages not to be ignored... :wink:

3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Yeah I'm a big fan of the smooth screw.
    Excuse me while I go lube-up my O ring.
    :rolling laugh:

4. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

:rolling laugh: Good one . . . . you silly wanker! :rolling laugh:

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I only use Noalox on threading that needs to be conductive. For moving parts and stuff like locking rings, I've got a bottle of dry lube that works great. Funny, reading about it now I realize its PTFE-based, I thought it was graphite. I do have a bottle of graphite somewhere as well. Anyway, since its dry (goes on wet though) it keeps shit from sticking inside the threads. Everything stays nice and buttery for a good long time.

Amazon.com : Pedro Outdoors

I got this stuff from a bicycle shop a long time ago, might be a good place to look if you're really interested.