1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

No one talking about quit smoking cigarettes?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by ChrisKhonKaen, Mar 24, 2017.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hello @ChrisKhonKaen , and welcome to TV. :welcome:Such a good post. Everything you need to know is on here. I'd only seen one vaper 18 months ago in my up country town. Found TV and asked a lot of stupid questions. Got sensible answers. Stopped smoking, not have to worry about losing my left foot, and found a very pleasant hobby.
    I used to go on the newbie thread with my born again ranting, but @Siam Diesel pulled all the threads together as a summary of all the advice you need.
    Good Luck, Stinkie free life.
    PS I get to KK sometimes when I need a dose of Tops Market. Pls PM me about your bar.
    Cheers.

Konvict, Bantorvaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. MechBuilder

MechBuilder Member

@Axel - I know what you mean, I have been smoke free for over 2 years, but nicotine free for 0 years for a long time. I cannot imagine not falling back if I cannot find devices, ejuice.. but for now I think we are far away from that completely happening, we will see..

3. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Good story @ChrisKhonKaen . Maybe it's because the actual occasional enforcement of government restrictions on e-cigs means that smokers who would like to quit never see or meet vapers in public. 18 months ago, with serious health problems, I found one farang with an ancient cig-alike. Internet, found TV, stinkie free in a couple of weeks.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. Hui Chyr

Hui Chyr Member

I was wondering if Thai people still vapes to quit cigarette.
    It seems most of the ejuices are 3 to zero mg. Im from Malaysia and most ex-smokers are vaping at least 6mg.

5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I was also surprise 3 years ago.: a lot of 3 or 6 mg/ml juice here sometime 0.
    difficult to quit?
    in fact 12,18 (and maybe 24) mg/ml chinese juices as Hangsen (dekang?) were available at this time. (through the web real on the street could be fake)
    world change a lot, It's maybe an old story ;-)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Hui Chyr

Hui Chyr Member

Surprisingly, even when the nicotine got lower .. more ppl are vaping ...:grin:

7. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

For most of us this has been so long since we smoked a stinky we don't even remember how it feels.

If I stopped vaping today for any reason (including impossibility to get mods and juice) I will probably never touch a stinky again anyway :)

I feel most if not all of vapers on this forum feel the same.

8. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Smoked and chewed tobacco on and off for over 25 years. Happy to say been free from both for over 5 years now.

Hui Chyr, Konvict, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Unfortunately half of Thais I know who vape still smoke cigarettes, its more like they bought a new toy rather than have any intention to quit smoking, I also know a lot of farang like this and use the excuse they can't quit - seems to be a combination of weak juice and a lack of willpower. I was like this too because the first juice I bought was 6mg - I must have vaped around 5ml in the first hour and still felt like I needed a cigarette but ts easy enough to buy 12-16mg juice here too. :vaping:

jpr, Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  10. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I have the sensation, sitting with friends, enjoy improving my English (I'm living in Isaan), drinking too much beers (not too often), eating some spicy food , I feel that the 6 mg/ml isn't enough.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Rick O-Shea likes this.
  11. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Yeah I know what you mean, when I'm out I tend to prefer a MTL tank with a stronger tasting juice. Tried upping the nic level but higher nic and lots of beer makes me dizzy :surprised:

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

6mg makes me dizzy now even in an MTL tank... I started at 24 ...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Go for more nic! :D
    Go for less beer! :p
    :grin:

jpr, aging one and Nakhonsisean like this.
  14. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Lower nic, more vape, more beer!

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.