1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Nicotine Levels

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by yourauntbob, Mar 28, 2015.

1. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob Thread Starter hair club for men member

The longer i vape the lower my nicotine levels go. i do now wonder if its because i am vaping less nicotine or if the devises now deliver so much more vaper that i am getting the same total amount due to larger vape quantities. :good idea: When i first started vaping on a ce5 i was vaping 12mg, then to a kayfun and other single coil RBAs at 6mg, then to drippers and vertical coiled clearos :bravo: I am between 1-4 mgs depending on the batch.

there are days i now will vape on 0mg. imho i am more addicted to the action than the nicotine. patches would never work and in most likelihood advance my nicotine addiction.

unscientific experiment over..... time for a vape :vaping:

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'll join you...with 10 mg juice :)
    :vaping: :vaping:

3. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

For me the sub-ohm tanks were really a game changer, 6mg can make your head spin if you chain vape.

Nanook likes this.
  4. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I Started on 24 mg with a Ce tank and really struggled for around 3 months until I found this forum and got hold of my first kayfun. Over 6 months I droped to 3mg and have been happy there for many months. With the new tanks and higher power available I do think Im now vaping too much and maybe also need 0mg. It is definatly the action and not so much the nic as I resently tried VG alone to see how a tank wicked and was quite happy for several hours.

yourauntbob likes this.
  5. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I use 12mg in everything. Recently tested with18mg and although finishing the bottle there was no reason to increase from 12mg.
    i don't chain vape though and only use about 2/3 of a delta tank a day (0.7r/35w).

6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

6 mg is just right for me.
    Started like most higher on 18 then dropped down and down really quick to be happy with 6mg
    I tried 0mg but didn't get on with that one bit....

7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I've been at 6mg for many months now and happy with that. For my drippers in particular, I may start picking up some juices @ approx 3 mg as I've had some nic overdose events from time to time. :)

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I started at 18mg and am now down to 12mg, which is working fine. Plan on moving to 6mg by year-end and after that, who knows. I'm hooked on the flavors and the vaping action...could probably say adieu to the nic if I were so inclined but I'd miss the act of vaping, itself. Bloody oral fixation. :p
    :vaping: :vaping:

Sent from my P3 Ti

Dieter. and yourauntbob like this.
  9. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I started back in the day with 24 mg on inefficient devices ...I then went down to 18mg once the devices started tightening up. Last year went down to 12mg which suits me just fine and now I am vaping a lot of 6mg in drippers. I pape a ton more than I smoked so I guess it all evens out.

10. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

hm...i went backwards from you guys. Most people start vaping to quit smoking, but i started cause it was a efficient way to ingest nicotine. Nicotine works similar to caffeine. Addiction and withdraw are just about the same except for the fact that nicotine is more intense. Nicotine is linked with cardiovascular disorder later down the road, but hey so does everything in life.

Anyways what i was saying is that i started at 0mg and moved up to 6mg in a month. Now i'm at 3mg

11. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

It's a good question. I also started with 18 mg for a long time and then when I bought more effective tanks I lowered the nicotine to 12 mg. Konstantinos Farsalinos made a very interesting test of how much nicotine you have in your blodstream after vaping an e-cig alike and a Evod tank with 18 mg nicotine compared to a the nicotine level in your blodstream after smoking one cigaret.
    levels.jpg
    The e-cig-alike is first generation device and the evod on an e-vic is the new generation device both with 18 mg nicotine. As you can see the evod is a lot more effective than the cig-alike, and with all the new tanks and sub ohm vaping, we have now it would be interesting to see how the new tanks perform compared to this. So there is a perfect explanation, why we use less nicotine in the drippers and big tanks. I myself vape with 12 mg nicotine in some tanks and use 6 mg in drippers. As I'm old I am not interested in lowering my nicotine level too much, it keep my brain working as well.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  12. yourauntbob
    Happy

the manger at my local vape shop started vaping for the same reason. vaping (nicotine) has improved his health and assisted him in dropping a significant amount of weight (regular exercise probably played a bigger part :wink:)

as for me, i could give up nicotine in short order if i had/wanted to but i do not think i could put down the vape pen to save my life.
    **Updated**
    wow, that was a lot more scientific response than i was expecting :bravo:

its really interesting to see. my bar would slowly increase in the morning never to come down again until i have been asleep for an hour :rolling laugh:

13. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

This is an UNOFFICIAL report so don't just take my word for it.
    Background: I'm a US ejuice manufacturer, still small so you guys probably haven't heard of us.

The ejuice industry standard for nicotine is ±.6mg of nicotine, so let's say you order a 6mg nic juice you'll get anywhere from between 5.4-6.6mg nic concentration and that's if it's a good company. I've talked to and seen some company push out a 6mg, but really only add in about 3-4mg of nicotine because of a miscalculation. There are also some US company that uses the dropper method (nicotine calculation by drops), but this is old i haven't heard anyone using this method in a long time. If you guys are curious about your juice and you have alittle background in chemistry, you can do acid-base titration. Nicotine has a 2 nitrogen atoms, so it's basic. Add some dye indicator and drop in some acid to figure out the nicotine level of the juice you're vaping.

haybilly likes this.
  14. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

That's something I would like to do-I mix my own juice and, although I 'think' Know what level I'm vaping at- I'm certainly not sure.

15. yourauntbob
    Happy

mixing your own is definitely the way to go. i spend about $5-10 per month on supplies and have direct control over my nicotine levels, flavor strength, and pg/vg ratio.

i have already mixed a 100% pg juice for my flight to the land of smiles in a few weeks and upped the nicotine for that one just a bit so i can vape less and more stealth on the plane. it amazes me that here in the usa most companies are still charging $15-30 for 30mils. i would rather put that money to better gear.